Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffEnuff View Post
    Well, I was there tonight... the turnout was good, but *MAN* there were a ton of oil downs,water downs, gear lube downs, ect.

Is it possible that a cheap entry brings out the cheap/junkass/track-crapping cars?

maybe the higher price discourages the "too cheap to fix it right" racers from coming out and wrecking the track?

Just wondering....

BTW, there were a few nice/fast cars out tonight. *I* had a good time with my car as well.
    Yeah, but the cars that screwed up the track were all high dollar cars. A CTS, a Termy Cobra, and two full blown race cars. The junk wasn't what was causing the problems, lol!!!

BTW-does anyone know how to get ahold of the picture guy? I was wondering if he got any pics of my car tonight.

oresphotos@hotmail.com is Boomer's email address.

Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Make a full tilt pass yet?
    nope... that would be illegal since I dont have my NHRA cert's yet...

But, I did get a warning for going 9.91....

..... at 93.89 MPH.

Silly me, I guess that means no more 400ft shakedowns until I get all my NHRA licensing finished up. Oh well, 330' passes can be fun too...right? LOL!
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

Yea, the cars that caused the oil downs looked like a combo or race and street cars.

Some cool stuff down there.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I got stuck in the right lane when the CTS had the starting line explosion. Ended up sitting there for about 45 minutes for left lane clean-up and prep. (they forgot my lane).

2nd time in staging lanes when pit fire broke out and track shut down again. Got in right lane again and all kinds of traction.

I made two passes and left @ 7:30 due to long lines in staging. It seemed like a lot of delays but they had a good turn out.

Yeah, lots of down time, I have bad luck when I show up.

I ran N/A last night with a new PB of 11.17 @ 120. Squeaked out a PB for MPH also at 121 with a crappy 60 ft.

Best 60 was a 1.51.

I was actually suprised since I now have a cage which added some weight to the Goat.

Also with all the high priced cars going down I was questioning whether it was worth it to go all out N/A, the cars breaking weren't the POS's you would expect to break.

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

Nice running GTO. I believe you were behind me during tech.

I was @ GLD a couple of weeks ago and they had two GTO's running and I think you had one of them. One of the GTO's had his wife alternating time behind the wheel.. If I remember correctly, you car leaves very hard. Impressive!

That GTO 60s like a MO FO!!!!

Thanks, say hi next time. I thought that was a BCM mustang behind me on the road to the staging lanes. Nice paint job under the hood.

And nice Z06, how did it run?

Also, more people will show up as people actually find out it only costs $20 that night.

Also, Ladies night is still going on, since my wife likes to get some runs in I'll probably show next tuesday with the bottle.

One last thing, the lady who hands out the timeslips is mean, she kept giving me the 'eye' and verbally assaulting me for running faster than 11.5. I forgot my harness yesterday so the tech wouldn't tech me for faster than 11.5 even though I had a cage. The lady actually wrote "warning #1" on my timeslip and when she forgot to write it on my second slip she tried to find me. LOL
    Last edited by Fast SVT; 09-11-2008 at 10:25 AM.

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

MPH wasn't bad, 119.80 but et was @ 12.399. Kind of tough getting used to runflats and lack of seat time. First run, lane was cold and I spun big time,
    2nd run wheelhop.

I was going to stick around and visit but pits filled up and it looked like every car @ the track was in staging when I left!

I live close to the track. I usually stop out on Tuesday to watch. If I show up, I'll stop by and say hello!
    Last edited by Chalky; 09-11-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Yeah, MPH is good, you might pick up 1 or 2 somwhere but you big issue is those run flats.

Get a second set of wheels and put on some MT ET DR's and you will be in the low 11's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    MPH wasn't bad, 119.80 but et was @ 12.399. Kind of tough getting used to runflats and lack of seat time. First run, lane was cold and I spun big time,
    2nd run wheelhop.

I was going to stick around and visit but pits filled up and it looked like every car @ the track was in staging when I left!

I live close to the track. I usually stop out on Tuesday to watch. If I show up, I'll stop by and say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    2nd run wheelhop.

Sounds like we would have a good run Dave.

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
    Thanks, say hi next time. I thought that was a BCM mustang behind me on the road to the staging lanes. Nice paint job under the hood.

And nice Z06, how did it run?

Also, more people will show up as people actually find out it only costs $20 that night.

Also, Ladies night is still going on, since my wife likes to get some runs in I'll probably show next tuesday with the bottle.

One last thing, the lady who hands out the timeslips is mean, she kept giving me the 'eye' and verbally assaulting me for running faster than 11.5. I forgot my harness yesterday so the tech wouldn't tech me for faster than 11.5 even though I had a cage. The lady actually wrote "warning #1" on my timeslip and when she forgot to write it on my second slip she tried to find me. LOL

That would be my Stang. I was going to introduce myself on a few different occasions, but one time they started running again, and another time you were standing by the fence talking to some people and I didn't want to interupt. Nice GTO, and awesome times. What kind of DR's are you running?? I ran a 12.5 @ 115 when the sun was still out (1.9 60'), but after it went down, it didn't matter how much I heated the Nitto's, they woudln't stick. M/T's here I come, lol!!!!

Damn, sounds like I missed a great time. I'll be there...soon. Spent 3 hours last night digging up all my notes & parts for changing springs & weights on my automatic transmission governor, got one all ready to test now. I don't know how you old school carb, mechanical distributor, etc. guys deal with this kind of crap! A few keystrokes would be much easier.

Hey Chalky, is 12.399 @ 119.80 your personal best in the C6 Z06 so far?

Did anyone get videos of Fast GTO? I would like to see these hard 60's. Auto + High stall = awesome.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWC5 View Post
    Sounds like we would have a good run Dave.
    Jeff:

Thought about you and your last runs last night. I was in same lane you used last time. 2.10 and 2.16 60's cause me to look at a lot of taillights.

My 01 Z ran 12.33 stock but at 114 in good air and 1.9 60's. I kind of felt like I was just going to roll out and drive it like I did my old Vet, (NOT)

I liked to get car et's down on RF and then maybe try something with more grip. After watching CTS-V split the 3rd member, I had a lot of time to think about that happening to other IRS cars, like MINE!!

Almost guaranteed I will be out for BCM/GLD track day. Hopefully, I can get More runs in.
    Last edited by Chalky; 09-11-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044 View Post
    Damn, sounds like I missed a great time. I'll be there...soon. Spent 3 hours last night digging up all my notes & parts for changing springs & weights on my automatic transmission governor, got one all ready to test now. I don't know how you old school carb, mechanical distributor, etc. guys deal with this kind of crap! A few keystrokes would be much easier.

Hey Chalky, is 12.399 @ 119.80 your personal best in the C6 Z06 so far?

Did anyone get videos of Fast GTO? I would like to see these hard 60's. Auto + High stall = awesome.
    1st time at track with car.

Yup, BCM day is going to be a blast.

Hey.. If anybody got any videos of my runs last night, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

So you guys liked the concept of $20.00 test and tune?

We're kicking some other ideas around. One of them is a "frequent racer" card- This would be similar to those cards you get for a free sub or free cup of coffee after you buy a certain number. We'd give you a FREE race day after you raced five times or something like that. We are also looking at "season ticket paks" that are less than a full season pass- Something like a "ten race package" where you pre-pay for your "season ticket" good for say 10 fun racing dates. You would save money this way.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes