Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    I am not going to deny that, there are already some 6's in the low 11's.....
    Not N/A.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not N/A.
    Dosnt matter how they got there, spray, turbo, SC (the one that I know of did it with a procharger), it is still impressive, especially how some guys with 2v gt's had a hard time hitting 11's with a KB.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I had tuned a 2011 V6 with a Procharger and a catback this time last year. Made 450 rwhp! Guy took it back home to michigan and ran 11.8's @ 117 with it! A 2v is gonna have a hard time making that without headers, cams etc etc etc etc etc. even the 3v can hit 450whp with minor bolt ons and blower of any choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    I had tuned a 2011 V6 with a Procharger and a catback this time last year. Made 450 rwhp! Guy took it back home to michigan and ran 11.8's @ 117 with it! A 2v is gonna have a hard time making that without headers, cams etc etc etc etc etc. even the 3v can hit 450whp with minor bolt ons and blower of any choice.
    Agreed. Na, the best I have seen a 2v get was 325 at the tire. With boost, 380 is the average, however i have seen some hit 425 at 6-9 PSI and cams. Long tubes don't really net much. Unfortunatly, you can't do a 3v or a 4v head swap on them because I am told the compression becomes too high to really be streetable.

I think the thing to do is swap a coyote into it if you are in love with the new edge and can't part with it. Now that coyote motor is a ford modular motor I love.

True, however since the coyote is out, I have a feeling the price of termy motors are going ot come down.

Long tubes don't really net much.
    You're joking right? Maybe you meant shorties.

True, however since the coyote is out, I have a feeling the price of termy motors are going ot come down.
    They forged rotating assembly can be had dirt cheap.. Heads are the same.. Long blocks still fetch a decent price.

Coyote swap would be the tits, but how deep are your pockets? Weather you have a 2V, 3V or 4V...all you need is boost to keep up.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Coyote swap would be the tits, but how deep are your pockets? Weather you have a 2V, 3V or 4V...all you need is boost to keep up.
    Or spray

Or spray! x2
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Wait Nicks putting a Coyote in his mustang?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Come on now, you know Cosworth (nut gobbler) doesn't bolt anything on the car to make it accelerate quicker.
    Last edited by Irish; 07-14-2012 at 09:25 PM.

You're joking right? Maybe you meant shorties.
    Nope, seen it with my own two eyes. When another member on here had his Mustang GT on the dyno, he had about 10 hp on me. The difference between his can and mine was a TB/plentum and Longtubes. 2v cars with PI heads dont really gain a lot with long tubes NA. Average gains that I have read about are 5-10, in some small cases at most 15. Most of the gains come from an off road midpipe which I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    No plans for an engine swap in the near future. There is still some more things that i can do to the current engine in there now.

Come on now, you know Cosworth (nut gobbler) doesn't bolt anything on the car to make it accelerate quicker.
    I am just going to hold my tongue on this one.
    Last edited by Waver; 07-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Nope, seen it with my own two eyes. When another member on here had his Mustang GT on the dyno, he had about 10 hp on me. The difference between his can and mine was a TB/plentum and Longtubes. 2v cars with PI heads dont really gain a lot with long tubes NA. Average gains that I have read about are 5-10, in some small cases at most 15. Most of the gains come from an off road midpipe which I already have.

No plans for an engine swap in the near future. There is still some more things that i can do to the current engine in there now.

I am just going to hold my tongue on this one.
    Well dont be offended if I dont consider you the authority on all things modular. I guess what you've read doesn't coincide with what other's are actually experiencing at the track. Something tells me that you are focusing on total peak numbers, opposed to where it made power and torque through out the entire rpm band.
    Last edited by Irish; 07-16-2012 at 03:05 PM.

What people are experiencing on the track is a result of the better throttle response, and a better tq curve. Other than that, the net gains arnt there. I can do something simular with a 75mm tb and plenum (which i plan on doing). It will give me better throttle response, a better tq curve, even though it will only net me 6-10 hp in NA trim.

What people are experiencing on the track is a result of the better throttle response, and a better tq curve. Other than that, the net gains arnt there. I can do something simular with a 75mm tb and plenum (which i plan on doing). It will give me better throttle response, a better tq curve, even though it will only net me 6-10 hp in NA trim.
    Is there an echo in here?

Not sure where you saw those numbers, but I will disagree as well. Long-tube is the way to go for a 4.6 modular. You'll in fact get more if not the same numbers from porting your cast manifolds compared with shorty headers, which is 1-2-3 RWHP? Kooks make a good long tube for the 99-04 GT Mustangs with 1 5/8 primary and 2 1/2 collectors. Overall with a stock N/A PI set up 10-15 RWHP on the dyno would be expected. FI would be more.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Not sure where you saw those numbers, but I will disagree as well. Long-tube is the way to go for a 4.6 modular. You'll in fact get more if not the same numbers from porting your cast manifolds compared with shorty headers, which is 1-2-3 RWHP? Kooks make a good long tube for the 99-04 GT Mustangs with 1 5/8 primary and 2 1/2 collectors. Overall with a stock N/A PI set up 10-15 RWHP on the dyno would be expected. FI would be more.
    This! I have seen gains as high as 20-25 rwhp on stock 4V's.

Not to be rude, but read the above quote of what I have said....honestly, 10 hp and better throttle response can he had with a good TB and Plenum combo, for less money. Plus it dosnt require you to undo any engine mounts to install them. I have talked to Marv and others on this and they all agree. Here is an interesting thread that I have found:http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...e-headers.html

Now you are correct in saying that in a FI application Long tube headers would make a difference, however we are talking NA. What you expect on the dyno and what you see are 2 different things. Remember, a car with the same mods that my car had last year but also had the TB/Plenum and longtubes only dynoed 10 hp more than my car, same dyno, same tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    Is there an echo in here?
    yes I agreed with you that the things that set off the ass dyno are improvements. That, however is not a measurable gain. Like I said, 10-15 hp max. That is a measurable gain. The butt dyno really dosnt make the car faster.
    This! I have seen gains as high as 20-25 rwhp on stock 4V's.
    Well that is great for a 4v which has better flow through the heads. We are not talking about a 4v, we are talking about a 2v, and for that matter what does the gains on a 4v matter? It has nothing to do with this.

Dollar for hp, there are better mods that you can do to a 2v Mustang that will net you better gains accross the board than Long Tubes (besides mid legnth headers give you the same gains as long tubes)