I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Anyone play burnout PCE?

Burnout/Hot Rod Championship Drag Racing Player's Choice Edition... to be exact, hahaha

the best drag racing game out there. just wondering who else plays it. i love playing with the different setups. trying to get my 3400hp v8 to hook, that's my biggest problem, in the '69 camaro body. bun running a whole bunch of 6.1's in my funny car setup that's a bit low on the hp(methanol engine, no nitrous). had to keep the weight up above 2500 otherwise it's starts to fly at 250mph, haha. but yeah, 6.1's at 250 on a measily 1.06x 60ft's. Trying to get it under 1sec.

I use to care then she happend mike90lxII's Avatar
    What game system is that for. was thinking about getting a 360 but not sure what to buy.
    I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win

i have it for my PC

We used to play that all the time and make up rules for it... like had to be a 2500lb car, 10.5 tire, 355 cid max, etc. It was cool. Thing is, I was playing it when I didnt really understand much about it.

Go find NIRA, it's basically the same game, same layout and screens, but they had included power adders in it, so it had that edge on pce.

see, i was looking for it, and found a download for it at SHRA.net, but they took it down. I thought NIRA was just an import one? the IHRA game for xbox was this same way with turbo's and what not. not as many car options.

but that's kinda what i'm doing now. i have a limit on pretty much everything. my pro stock category was pretty cool in that bore/stroke has a max of 5" on both, 28" tall tires, 10 on the nitrous flow, 4 valve heads are prohibited, and a bunch of other stupid things.

I use to care then she happend mike90lxII's Avatar
    where did you buy yours? I am trying to find it sounds like a cool game.
    I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win

it's a game from back in '98-'99 if i remember right. just type that first line into google(the exact name) and it'll come up. probably bring both NIRA and the other things up. graphics aren't the best in the world, but it's fun wtih the amount of stuff you can change.

NIRA was the import one, but the PCE version I had didn't have the power adders on it, so it was cool if you wanted to play with superchargers, etc.

Was still the same game, only with ricer bodies on the cars.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    WHA WHA WHA???? Animal toy with VTEC and NOS? I think your domestic license has just been suspended. You have boost fluid in your blood.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon
    WHA WHA WHA???? Animal toy with VTEC and NOS? I think your domestic license has just been suspended. You have boost fluid in your blood.

You should know me better by now. I'd never have done that being the crack programming hack that I am. I loaded all the domestic car models into that game from PCE and blew away the ricer shit Somehow NIRA also included all the v8 domestic engine sounds, so I didnt have to worry about that either heh.

Also I never made a non domestic v8 (bore/stroke -wise) in that game

If I coulda removed the turbos from the power adder list I would've done that too, but that would've involved hexediting the executable as far as I could tell
    Last edited by animal; 11-28-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    ha ha ha ha....well played. Gold star for you!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I've got it for PC and another version for PS2. I'll have to check when I get back home. I haven't played it in a long time obviously.

<= Animal would love this
    NFS: Carbon

I have that game on my PC. Awesome game!! I like how you can change just about anything in your setup!

1991 Z/28
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    2006 Impala