Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Congratulations!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    congrats on the baby mod!
    Lol, congrats man! Now you are going to have to get baby seat that matches the car
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Lastly I can't wait to finish the Thunderbird, because I'm going to spend all my money on my next hobby.....

Being a parent! My wife is 14 weeks tomorrow.
    Congrats...you've got 24 weeks to finish now!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Yeah isn't that the truth. I was tooling on my car every night and then we had my son and well I am lucky if I am in the garage 1 day a weekend. And that's if I need to get more beverages out of the garage fridge.

Grats!
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Tork Tech Thunderbird Project

Any updates?!?

Update time!

Since my last update I've done a lot. I had the junk welds redone from a local weld shop and wide band bung put in. Torqued the intake, SC and plenum. Installed the fuel rails, injectors and coolant hoses. The engine harness was re-done with new looms and heat tape. Wired in the HID lights, water pump, AeroForce WB and autometer stuff. I purchased the SCT Pro Racer Package from Don LaSota Racing in Ohio. Came with a base tune to datalog once I'm ready to turn her over next week.

What’s left?

Right now is the little stuff as it all adds up. I have to finish up wiring the autometer gauges and piecing back the interior. I need to prime the engine with oil, add coolant, power steering fluid and Mercon V to the auto. I have to find a place for the heat exchanger, which there is no room...should be interesting. Lastly, the front exterior, wheels and a good alignment. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks to have the VFN hood painted. Maybe sometime in June before Summer I should be done. I’ll have a engine start up video in a few days. Stay tuned!

The never ending project...

I had to sell the Tork Tech intake tube since it's a hard rubber. The tube was pointing upwards and would not work. I then bought a 03-04 Cobra OE intake tube and it did the same damn thing. Finally I was looking through some old pictures of my Lightning and sure enough I saw the intake tube that looked like it would work. Dorman sells a new rubber elbow for $40 total to your door and works perfect for the set up. The air flow is going to be wild with the new SCT BA2600.

WB and bung weld

Fixed up welds

Interior needs some love!

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Awesome!
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Very good.. looks like you are getting down to the last bits.

Yea and definitely get it done while you can. For reference I've worked on my car one day in then last 6 months lol. Partially no motivation and largely no time since the kid. Best way I find is to just take a day off work, otherwise it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Congrats!

Any chance the car will be ready for automotion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    congrats on the baby mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by 73MACH View Post
    Lol, congrats man! Now you are going to have to get baby seat that matches the car
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Yeah isn't that the truth. I was tooling on my car every night and then we had my son and well I am lucky if I am in the garage 1 day a weekend. And that's if I need to get more beverages out of the garage fridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Grats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Any updates?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Very good.. looks like you are getting down to the last bits.

Yea and definitely get it done while you can. For reference I've worked on my car one day in then last 6 months lol. Partially no motivation and largely no time since the kid. Best way I find is to just take a day off work, otherwise it will never happen.
    I just wanted to thank you guys(gal) for the grats and kind words. We are super excited. I'm really making a mad dash to get this thing done so I can enjoy it this summer before the baby comes. We find out the sex on Saturday.

Update:

I was hoping to turn the motor over today for the first time but...once I started to add coolant I heard a fast dripping/splash sound coming from under the car. Apparently there is a nice pen sized hole towards the bottom of the radiator. I was able to take it out and rush it over to a radiator repair shop before they closed tonight. Should have it back tomorrow afternoon. On top of that I had to order new speedo gears to replace the broken ones inside the cluster. Waiting for a new throttle cable from a V6 Mustang and autometer lights to finish the gauges.

Thanks again BCM!

Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

She's alive!!!!!!!! Alive I tells ya!!!!! Muh-hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

vid or it didnt happen
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Video on Friday I still have to datalog a couple things before it's safe to roll out of the garage.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Tork Tech Thunderbird Project

Which Friday?

Last Friday, but I'm having issues with the tuning side. I got my base tune and PRP from Don LaSota Racing. I've been dataloging and trouble shooting some idle problems.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Update, I've been searching around for a smaller heat exchanger on the net, but couldn't find anything close to fit in the lower bumper support area. I was on the Fluidyne website and noticed that they sell custom made radiators and heat exchangers. So I sent them an email with the measurements and plans and two weeks later a box at my door. This is a full aluminum 20x4x2, 3 Row double pass cooler with 1/2 NPT bungs and mounting tabs on top. With one of the best weld jobs I've ever seen. This is half the size of the stock 03-04 Cobra/Lightning heat exchanger but it will flow more fluid and have better cooling efficiency than the stock unit. Well worth the money.

Pictures:

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Car is looking tits! Ubber jelly of that big garage too!

Thanks, BIG selling point when I bought the place.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Replaced the broken gears in my speedo. Check out Matt's thread in the interior forum for a link to LA Speedometer Gear if you need to replace yours.

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

I decided to sell the Dragon TB and plenum. I was having a big idle issue with it and felt it was not going to work with my set up. I sold it to an old member on here that now owns a mustang down in Chi-town area. Anyways I bought the stock 03-04 Cobra TB and plenum. Today I got it in the mail snapped some pictures and sent it off to Stiegemeier for the port and weld job that will smooth the inside and open the case opening for a quality gasket port match. I also got off the phone with an old friend that sent me a base tune for my Lightning a couple years ago and learned some interesting news about the SCT BA MAFS. I confirmed with Bob Stiegemeier and one other person of interest. If you buy a SCT Big Air MAF sensor you’ll probably get the air filter adapter to place a big K&N filter in front of it right? As far as I know the only adapter that mates with the SCT Big Air is the older 90mm MAF adapter. If you use this adapter you have to grind or machine the opening to match it. There have been some tuning issues with the air turbulence with the opening and not getting a good reading at the MAF sensor. So the INSIDE lip of the MAF needs to be machined to match the adapter opening. See last picture in this post.

The nice thing about the stock TB is the coating that keeps the blade from sticking. At Stiegemeier new seals and coating will be added. Everything will be smoothed out.

Stiegemeier will add material and port the opening to match the gasket that goes to the case.

Here is a SCT BA2600 with the normal 90mm filter adapter that we all know:

In this picture, the INSIDE lip of the MAF needs to be machined to match the adapter opening.

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird