Thread: L.A. OR Boston

Hybrid View

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    name all others you would put above him...
    Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Pete Maravich, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Magic Johnson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving, John Stockton, Michael Jordan.

edit: throw in charles barkley too.

And those are the ones I don't have to put any thought into....so yeah, he doesn't make my top ten.

Heck, even of those playing today or recently, I can come up with a few that merit consideration of being placed higher on the "greatest ever" list above Kobe: Iverson, Duncan, James. Not saying they are for certain, but it's at least debatable.

This isn't to take anything away from Kobe...this isn't to say he's a chump. He IS a great player, there can be no question. But not the second greatest of all time.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post

edit: throw in charles barkley too.

Lets be real here.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

Lets be real here.
    Barkley was phenomenal in his heyday. Hate to say it, he was actually underrated imo...you look at the impact he had on the teams he played, and also what he did with what he had. In my mind, he's undoubtedly the best of the small "power" forwards to ever play...which is saying a lot, considering that many consider elgin baylor to be the best of the small "power" forwards.

Just as Barkley couldn't do what Kobe does on the court, Kobe couldn't do what barkley did...and I consider barkley's feats more impressive honestly.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!