BTW, when I asked for evidence of your statement "There is a reason why the more portly S10 Blazer always beat the Cherokee from traffic light to traffic light", I really was looking for evidence from you. Not recounting how you thought your Mom's Blazer went

Try these MT articles:
The 190hp 1997 Blazer 4WD does 0-60 in 9.3 seconds vs. the redesigned 97 Jeep Cherokee doing the same feat in 8.2 (and backed up by C&D by doing it in 8.4, which featured a curb wt. of 3600+lbs, unlike the erroneous M/T article listing it at an improbably light 3100lbs...couldn't find C&D results for the blazer). Mag racing at it's finest....but at least it's evidence. I know there are faster blazers out there and slower cherokee's (even a glance at dragtimes.com bares this out for both the blazer and the jeep), but it seems to suggest your statement was just uninfounded bluster from the get go.

Likewise, your complaints of the bendix fuel injection system is similarly silly since that was what AMC used when they developed the 4.0...when chrysler incorporated the 4.0 under it's banner, they switched to the chrysler MPFI system, at which point it followed the typical advancements/used same sensors as rest of chrysler line through OBDI, OBII, and beyond. Likewise, Bendix being a poor system or not doesn't really reflect on the 4.0...just bendix. Like blaming the 258 for having too many vacuum hoses in the 70's and 80's