Hybrid View

it was originally developed for gas applications then was brought over to diesel and vice versa for EFI live. EFI Live has better support and marketing for the duramax....its like vhs vs. beta...it may have been technologically better but people didnt buy it and it died. its a popularity contest. SInce EFI live was out first it has a TON more available tunes
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedSix View Post
    it was originally developed for gas applications then was brought over to diesel and vice versa for EFI live. EFI Live has better support and marketing for the duramax....its like vhs vs. beta...it may have been technologically better but people didnt buy it and it died. its a popularity contest. SInce EFI live was out first it has a TON more available tunes
    I will agree that it has better "marketing" for the duramax as the owners of EFI are supporting vendors on many diesel based websites but as far as better support, that is a wash between the two. EFI definitly has more available cookie cutter tunes available though, this is true. But do you really trust someone elses tune in your 40K plus truck? I wouldnt, every aftermarket part combination is going to react different to it. So unless you plan to just use someone elses claimed "safe" tune, HP and EFI will both get the job done. It really comes down to personal preference.

And since I did comment on genaric tunes and I dont want tuners such as bullydog or PPE being thrown in my face as far as them being safe on peoples trucks regardless of other mods. These handhelds go through a serious amount of R&D and are not pushing the trucks to there ragged edge. They are tuned to run within safe parameters so that you dont melt your engine down. Now your transmission on the other hand... Say goodbye!