Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smooth is Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Hmmm... Money can't buy you love but it apparently can buy you into an intermediate group.
    Yes it does....
    http://gttrackdays.com/events.html

He did talk to the Event Owners before the event, and he did have an instructor with him 90% of the time.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Hmmm... Money can't buy you love but it apparently can buy you into an intermediate group.

None-the-less great driving Tyler! Very quick considering its a stock Abarth with brake pads, mild suspension, and (very good) street tires.

Wish I had the nuts you do at the kink. I'm a baby I just pussy foot through it

You sound mad he ran in C group. LOL Where were you and Lotus? Would have been fun to watch that thing fly around the track.
    Last edited by Josepy; 06-17-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    You sound mad he ran in C group. LOL Where were you and Lotus? Would have been fun to watch that thing fly around the track.
    Just one of those things. Classic muscle car driver at RA.

Just made worse by the fact that he was a noob on top of it... as long as he was letting legitimately faster cars by (even though they may not have as much acceleration up the straights) then its all good. The ones that frustrate you the most are when you are just going as slow as can be tailing some muscle car up the whole back section of the track then they get to 14 and think there is no need to let you by since they can run away from you between 14 and 1 then 3 and 5. Only to have you catch up by the carousel.

Lotus was just getting back together and is still on a clutch break in period. Had an unfortunate road hazard incident this past weekend but hopefully all will be put back together and ready to go for the Optima street car challenge thing this weekend at RA. Looks like a good time!

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Smooth is Fast!

Just made worse by the fact that he was a noob on top of it... as long as he was letting legitimately faster cars by (even though they may not have as much acceleration up the straights) then its all good. The ones that frustrate you the most are when you are just going as slow as can be tailing some muscle car up the whole back section of the track then they get to 14 and think there is no need to let you by since they can run away from you between 14 and 1 then 3 and 5. Only to have you catch up by the carousel.

Lotus was just getting back together and is still on a clutch break in period. Had an unfortunate road hazard incident this past weekend but hopefully all will be put back together and ready to go for the Optima street car challenge thing this weekend at RA. Looks like a good time!
    So you're mad because he had a faster car than you?

He was suppose to let you by? Why?

You kinda sound like a track snob.
    Last edited by Irish; 06-18-2013 at 07:51 AM.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve

You are talking like you were there. Which you were not. I am confused by your posts.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post

I think what Murray is saying is if the Camaro is ONLY faster from T14 to T1 and T3 to T5 There is ALOT of ground that the slower car will go around him, But in track day's like this you have to point people by, There is also i believe only allowed to pass through the straights. So if the Camaro gave the slower straight line car a little breathing room to get by him then there is a good chance that after a couple of laps the camaro wont see the slower straightline car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Smooth is Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    I think what Murray is saying is if the Camaro is ONLY faster from T14 to T1 and T3 to T5 There is ALOT of ground that the slower car will go around him, But in track day's like this you have to point people by, There is also i believe only allowed to pass through the straights. So if the Camaro gave the slower straight line car a little breathing room to get by him then there is a good chance that after a couple of laps the camaro wont see the slower straightline car.
    I get that.. Still sounds like a guy that is but hurt because someone has a faster straight line car..

If you have the "faster" car you should be able to get around him, right?

on paper yes, he should be able to get around him, but this isn't a door to door road racing event. You have to get waved by (the driver has to point the rear car by) If you had a ZL1 Camaro would you be real happy about having to point by a FIAT 500?
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Smooth is Fast!

This isn't a door to door road racing event.
    Lame.

If you had a Boss LS would you be real happy about having to point by a FIAT 500?
    Wouldn't happen on this plane of existence.

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Irish come up for a track day and I will take you out on the track in my car. You will see that even though you have a faster (more horsepower) car that it doesn't make a difference in the world if someone in a slower car can drive. I have a video from this past spring of me running down a modified G8 GXP in my Abarth for 3 laps in a row before he let me pass him.

Smooth is Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthy1ss View Post
    Irish come up for a track day and I will take you out on the track in my car. You will see that even though you have a faster (more horsepower) car that it doesn't make a difference in the world if someone in a slower car can drive. I have a video from this past spring of me running down a modified G8 GXP in my Abarth for 3 laps in a row before he let me pass him.
    I will take you up on that offer!

The Yellow Tie Fighter

Honestly I'm not even sure that the ZL1 is faster than mine in a straight line. I kind of suspect its not but none-the-less that's not the point.

Why: The slower car is supposed to let the faster car pass because its not a race... you can't "win" a track day and everyone is out there to have fun. You can only pass on a point by for the sake of safety.

Just a general comment about a common thing that is seen at RA on track days. You get stuck behind some one who is slow through all the turns and then once they get to the straight passing zone they won't let anyone by because they have eleventy billion horsepower. A lot of time the people with big egos or track noobs with high horsepower stuff are the biggest offenders.

It really can take the fun out of it, and when you are paying hundreds of dollars for an hour or 2 of track time getting in the previously mentioned situation is not fun and costs you a lot of money!

I know because I have been there too. We have all started somewhere, and lord knows I'm certainly not the fastest driver out there. The key is just pay attention and just let the faster cars by. I am typically VERY proactive about letting people by.

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    You are talking like you were there. Which you were not. I am confused by your posts.
    Yup I was just talking in generalizations about things that occur at RA. If you look again I did say:
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM
    as long as he was letting legitimately faster cars by (even though they may not have as much acceleration up the straights) then its all good.
    This is a thread in the "Auto X Racing" section after all, I should be free to speak my mind.

on paper yes, he should be able to get around him, but this isn't a door to door road racing event. You have to get waved by (the driver has to point the rear car by) If you had a ZL1 Camaro would you be real happy about having to point by a FIAT 500?
    Yup

And this is case in point. This is is the type of stuff I have heard before (and even experienced in my car and as a passenger in slower cars).

Think about that for a second... Tyler was stuck for 3 laps at just over 3 minutes a lap. Almost 10 minutes, in a ~20 minute session!
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 06-18-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

I will take you up on that offer!
    I will keep you informed.

No kidding. I have had Corvette and Mustang owners point by my silly Taurus. And then they stop by my trailer later just to check it out. (:
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Im not sure how it is at other Track Day Events, but if a certain car/driver is causing major issues at GT Track Days, it is handled by the Event workers and or Orginizers.

As far as being held up by another car on the track at a HPDE Event at Road America, come into the pits, slow down, go right back out PROBLEM SOLVED....Its not that fucking difficult. The godamn track is 4 miles long.