Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Were did the time go

Mark (A RACER)
    Jim P (Dr Ford) and myself were all talking the outher day, and 5-10 years ago we would have dreamed to have 1000 hp engines, and now we do and it is still not enough, maybe i am feeling old but 5 years ago if you seen a turbo matbe two or a charger it was a big thing and now everyone has then, funny how time flyes

isnt that the truth,1k/hp isnt shit anymore for you big dawgs.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Post whore
    Yeah, there will always be someone faster... I think i will stick to road racing, still just as expensive, but huge power isn't needed to go fast.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

dam reality....!!!! hahah in 2005 we had a 800hp sbc in the mustang and 2006 we had a 1200hp bbc 2007 -1200-1300hp and now that ant crap.. you have to bee some were about 1600hp to be up to date i can onnly dream of having a car that makes 2000hp or better
    CKSC

Its too crazy out there now.

More than ever its the biggest wallet that wins races.

More reason to build a nice street car, get it to a point where its enough to snap your head back when you floor it, and just enjoy.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post

More reason to build a nice street car, get it to a point where its enough to snap your head back when you floor it, and just enjoy.

Truth!

Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Yep!

Especially for us little guys. As much as I'd love to build that 900hp 4-rotor twin-turbo... I don't have the 10 grand to drop on the eccentric shaft.

So I'll just build something I can afford, and make it fun.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar

Absolutely. I agree with this post 100 %. All it comes down to these days is who has the fattest wallet, not who is the most creative/inventive. It's become a very unfair playing field, where someone like me, for instance, wouldn't have a prayer in Hell, as I JUST DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS.

Although money is a necessity, it takes a whole lot more then a fat wallet!

The brighter the candle, the shorter the burn.

The more HP an engine makes, the less time you will spend actually driving it and just spend more on maintenance. No way around it.

Unless you go diesel....
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not necessarily the case....If someone has a big enough wallet, they don't need to know anything/do anything, all they need to do is PAY someone else to do everything for them. It happens this way sometimes.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Chick View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not necessarily the case....If someone has a big enough wallet, they don't need to know anything/do anything, all they need to do is PAY someone else to do everything for them. It happens this way sometimes.
    Somewhat true.

Driving a 1,000+ h.p. car takes a skill that can't be taught with any amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. If anyone thinks you can buy 1000hp or more and thats it, they are living on "Fantasy Island"! It is only the beginning.
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Somewhat true.

Driving a 1,000+ h.p. car takes a skill that can't be taught with any amount of money.

No matter what, it's about a billion times easier if you have the cash.....there are (so I have been told) opportunities to hire someone to teach you to handle said car, someone can be hired to maintain/build/paint it, etc......if you have the cash, there is no service, or teacher, that cannot be bought/hired. If you don't have the cash.....you're kinda.......................screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    The brighter the candle, the shorter the burn.

The more HP an engine makes, the less time you will spend actually driving it and just spend more on maintenance. No way around it.

Unless you go diesel....
    especially if nitrous is your power adder!
    "Never underestimate old guys"

No matter what, it's about a billion times easier if you have the cash.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Somewhat true.

Yeah, but you could also argue that they could have the builder make all the shakedown passes and work all of the bugs out. Driving a car with a transbrake and a glide can't be too hard right Not saying i have came close to piloting a 1k hp car though, hell i think my 350 whp car is fast
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Yeah, but you could also argue that they could have the builder make all the shakedown passes and work all of the bugs out. Driving a car with a transbrake and a glide can't be too hard right Not saying i have came close to piloting a 1k hp car though, hell i think my 350 whp car is fast

350 HP IS fast. I agree with you, though.....If someone has the money, they can pretty much have someone else to do EVERYTHING........ Those of us that have to save up for a month or two just to buy a better carburetor.....it's waaay different on our side of the fence. THIS is why I won't race my Z/28. Is the car fast enough to be impressive? Yes, absolutely......but......if I break something on her, she WILL be down for months, maybe a year, until I have money enough to fix what's broken. I don't have my wallet to the rescue, and this is why I feel that racing has become a little unbalanced. It's hard for those who have slowly and painstakingly built up 300-400 HP, only to be flattened by some rich guy with 1200 HP, and a bottomless bank account........It's extremely discouraging.
    Last edited by Voodoo Chick; 05-18-2009 at 10:52 PM.

350 HP IS fast. I agree with you, though.....If someone has the money, they can pretty much have someone else to do EVERYTHING........ Those of us that have to save up for a month or two just to buy a better carburetor.....it's waaay different on our side of the fence. THIS is why I won't race my Z/28. Is the car fast enough to be impressive? Yes, absolutely......but......if I break something on her, she WILL be down for months, maybe a year, until I have money enough to fix what's broken. I don't have my wallet to the rescue, and this is why I feel that racing has become a little unbalanced. It's hard for those who have slowly and painstakingly built up 300-400 HP, only to be flattened by some rich guy with 1200 HP, and a bottomless bank account........It's extremely discouraging.

Thats why they invented bracket racing.