Hybrid View

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Well the new 5.0 guys better watch out.
    In all fairness, the 5.0 is a better value...by far.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Boost went where again? Silver86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    In all fairness, the 5.0 is a better value...by far.
    i agree with this...

but as cool as the new challenger is, it could really use a diet @ nearly 4200lbs.
    - 86' rx7 - 06' mustang GT - 04' xterra SE -

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver86 View Post
    but as cool as the new challenger is, it could really use a diet @ nearly 4200lbs.
    eh, but the reality is that cars are just going to get heavier and heavier. Or far more expensive.

I would be nice to see an AL block in this thing...which really should make it weigh the same as the much smaller camaro. Look at v6 to v6 wt...less than a high school back-pack's difference in wt.

It's amazing to see the weights of various cars all over the place. 4,000+lbs is not a rarity by any means...which is amazing since my 85 Ramcharger didn't weigh much more, and my 79 fullsize pick-up weighs less than a new camaro!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    eh, but the reality is that cars are just going to get heavier and heavier. Or far more expensive.
    Not really heavier. Most manufacturers have pledged to cut the weight of their vehicles going into the future. Nissan announced a few years ago that they planned to cut vehicle weight by 15% by 201x (can't recall the exact year but I want to say 2014) and a few others have made similar pledges. Nissan has already started doing this too. The Altima, Maxima, and 370z are all lighter and smaller then the previous gens. Toyota and GM are especially hard at work on figuring out a way to manufacture cf to use in every day cars. Heck GM has already used lightweight smart materials in the Malibu Max and didn't even say anything about it at the time. Those mart materials cut the weight of that hatch by a significant amount.

But probably far more expensive.