Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    see formy... you are right on par.... you car is right where it should be, and could get better with some right alterations.

if there is a 383 in the car... it better be in the 11's IMHO. unless it's setup for a huge shot and you are running a motor pass

this is only MY opinion. doesn't have to be fact or anything... just what i see and believe and the capabilities of the cars from being around them for the past 7-8 years

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinZ
    see formy... you are right on par.... you car is right where it should be, and could get better with some right alterations.

if there is a 383 in the car... it better be in the 11's IMHO. unless it's setup for a huge shot and you are running a motor pass

this is only MY opinion. doesn't have to be fact or anything... just what i see and believe and the capabilities of the cars from being around them for the past 7-8 years
    indeed
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

didn't know 13 seconds was a fast LS1 i'm hoping for some 13.5's tomorrow at the track if im lucky i might become the fastest LS1 on BCM

JEFF

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by GVR4Johnny
    I'm sure Bee can set you up Tommy. I see you have finally realized that you need to turn to the rice side to do what you couldn't with the "mighty" LS1
    lol
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

383Firebird
    So a 383 should hit 11's on street tires? If it's that simple why isn't there more LT1's hitting 11s? I know I'm not the only one with a stroker motor in an LT1 in Wisconsin.

Purple Monkey Couch Guitar Window........

The preceeding was my contribution to this thread about Turbos for Hondas.

Because my statement has as much to do with them, as the last 10 or so posts.

Dave, I saw a saweet 240 tonight on the way to work...red with deep dish chrome wheels and a carbon fiber hood. The stance was mean looking and I could barely tell what kind of car it was at first. Very nice though! Free post?

A few nice 240s running around, My buddy has a red one with a CF hood but his wheels are not deep dish.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave
    A few nice 240s running around, My buddy has a red one with a CF hood but his wheels are not deep dish.
    re****inlax
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

May as well have called this thread the BCM lounge.... Bee any ideas???
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 383Firebird
    So a 383 should hit 11's on street tires? If it's that simple why isn't there more LT1's hitting 11s? I know I'm not the only one with a stroker motor in an LT1 in Wisconsin.
    why are you going to the track on street tires? what a waste of time. that and you are tearing up the track for the rest of us.

and there are PLENTY in the 11's. they just know what they are doing. and the sad thing is you are right, you aren't the only one in WI w/ a stroker. but it seems they are still all slower than the cam only car.

if i wasn't so deeply involved with my Z's future, i WOULD build a bolt on Lt1 car and whoop all your asses. it's so sad....

Again, sorry Tom.

There are kits/pieces available. I'm sure you could build something for it. To build a log style manifold wouldn't be all that hard. just time and energy and some practice. got to find a good turbo and then the rest is just welding up some pipe. just would take some time and looking at the engine bay to see where everything might fit.

383Firebird
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinZ
    why are you going to the track on street tires? what a waste of time. that and you are tearing up the track for the rest of us.
    I'm not even gonna bother running slicks til I get the 12 bolt next year. It wasn't worth it to me to even risk having the car not driveable if it did happen to go out from running on slicks. And you know I run on street tires because you wanted to race me for money earlier this year. Glad to know I'm the only one that runs on street tires and that I'm ruining it for everyone else. You wanna talk more about this start a new thread I don't wanna take any more fun away from the Honda talk.

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    Granted i have kinda a ghay motor in my civic, but anyone have any info they can post up or links to turbo kits and parts etc for the D171A non Vtec SOHC motor in my 05 LX?

Ill do one if i can find something that will work thats pretty cheap lol
    Why it seems as buying a honda is the new thing to do lately....i just bought an 06' EX bwahahahahha
    TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

1fastsol
    well, if you get a chance call bee he will hook you with a good deal. you can go turbo or nos allmotor. they all work great on honda's. what kind of power do you want? bee can do a new turbo kit install and tuned for under $3000.00. and qauilty work.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNK GSX
    Why it seems as buying a honda is the new thing to do lately....i just bought an 06' EX bwahahahahha
    Thats awesome!! i wanted to hold out for the 06' but i got a awesome deal on the 05.

What color did you get? I love the new 06 body style.

heh... i guess maybe next year ill trade it in for a new SI coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastsol
    well, if you get a chance call bee he will hook you with a good deal. you can go turbo or nos allmotor. they all work great on honda's. what kind of power do you want? bee can do a new turbo kit install and tuned for under $3000.00. and qauilty work.
    Well i was thinking about a wet 75 shot or so... im not even sure what kinda power levels a completley stock D17-1A can handle... I dont htink they even have tuning programs avail?

But ive seen a few claims on 7thgencivic and proof of guys going high 15's stock on a 01+ LX and about the same to slightly slower with 01+ Ex's. You would think the EX with the 15 more hp and the vtec would slightly edge the non vtec LX out, but i guess the LX has a better 1st gear and a lower final drive ratio where the EX has a taller final drive only.

Just a high 14 sec daily driver on the spray is all you need really for the majority of stuff on hwy... its terrible i stalk so much other really ricey hondas and toyotas with this thing its funny as hell!! It effectivley smacks around celica GT's not GT-S's though and it runs neck and neck with ecotec cavaliers that are stock and runs with stock 99-00 civic Si's from a 60-100 punch. so i guess this motor aint so much of a turd after all...

Your about 3 months to late you could have had my sf turbo kit for cheep but I would check out 7thgencivic.com for any info on the turbo kits.

There are a few different ones but I would pick up a used SF kit if you can (stafford fabricaion). there is also the dezoid kit but that’s 3g+. there is a cheaper one I cant remember the name but they used a smaller turbo and the piping actually goes under the body so if you hit a speed bump ect your done.

turbos for the ex will work with your car btw all you need to do is change the down pipe I believe.

As for the engine goes on how much psi it can take stock ect lots of people are running up to 8psi with stock internals. The rsx injectors are a direct fit I believe for more fuel or there are a few return fuel line conversion kits now but thows are 1g+. Many people are just going the rex injectors and an inline fuel pump.

As for n2o I would check out the faq on the FI section on the 7th gen website since i never had to work with that i cant help you there.

if you decide that the turbos to much for you and the n2o does not put out enough hp for ya do not go with bolt ons they are a waste. people have actualy lost hp on the d17 with a intake new headers. i believe the most someone got was like 6hp with both and that’s going to run you about 600 bucks plus.

there are a whole bunch of tuning programs avalible for the d17 just go to thows forums and search.

if you need any help finding some used kits for a lot less just pm me of if you need more info ect.

did not see you knew about 7thgen sorry

the ex is heavyer and has different gearing i belive then the lx.

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    Thats awesome!! i wanted to hold out for the 06' but i got a awesome deal on the 05.

What color did you get? I love the new 06 body style.

heh... i guess maybe next year ill trade it in for a new SI coupe.
    i like it...i guess....

TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

that car is sweet!