Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TurboProbe Pics

Post whore
    My offer still stands i am maybe pushing 220hp to the rear wheels but hey i got some money. Want to run em? My car is heavier also! More hp and less weight equals you win right?
    bryan

BCM Cruiser
    no torque steer here, ive got lsd. the tranny is built as well, so i dont think ill have a problem there either. and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe. when i go to gld, ill let you all know. finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick
    Last edited by turboprobe; 06-09-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Quote Originally Posted by turboprobe
    finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick
    Sure.

Rick

my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??nick
    Could this be the "11 second" Probe that Tri/CDW81 ate for a snack?

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    hmmmmm....interesting.

Post whore
    [QUOTE=turboprobe] finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??nick[/QUOTE=turboprobe]

Are we talking about qaurter mile here? And seconds?

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    no torque steer here, ive got lsd. the tranny is built as well, so i dont think ill have a problem there either. and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe. when i go to gld, ill let you all know. finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick

Apparantly you have not been around this internet thing that long. since an 11 second car is not the fastest thing around. In fact I could find a few cars that would love to play with that thing. But thats not my point here. You would think that after reading all of the posts about racing your car you would get some common sense. No one here hates you...well I dont think so anyway, yet you still have this cocky-ass attitude. I am not gong to lecture you but I will strongly suggest a change and maybe you will learn some things from some of these people and maybe just maybe they will learn something from you. It is not often that you see a turbo probe and i know that you have been planning this build for a long time now. I have known you for quite some time now and have never seen this attitude. Maybe you do deserve to get beat up on and have your a$$ kicked up and down GLD. Well see how far your attitude gets you. I am done with this topic.

Chris
    slofarmtruck

Post whore
    I got no hate for this kid. I just want to go to GLD with him so I can make $50.

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-slofarmtruck
    I have known you for quite some time now and have never seen this attitude.
    What kind of car you have? Also, from where do you know me?

Overall, Im just simply stating that I put all this work into my car, to make it a 13 second car. And 13's are great in my opinion for a daily driven street car. Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car. I do not know if he has raced Tri, isnt Tri the one with the Red integra? Otherwise, what does he drive? Matt has really only raced at GLD. So, I couldnt tell you who won or lost. But Matt like any Probe, has had clutch issues and tranny issues. Especially him with 500 hp at the flywheel. Sorry for the attitude, I jsut hate being cut down. Yes I admit Probes arent the greatest cars, but to what I have done, or what Matt has done is pretty cool. And considering I have only had slow cars before this, I am pretty proud of myself. I think the racing for money is getting a little out of hand, and I would love to race all you guys. I mean some of them would be a good race, but obviously I would not be able to beat a modified STI, or a supercharged boss mustang, or a 500+ horsepower LS1. I would pick and choose my races as I see fit. I just know that alot of GTPs would be a win for me, or a close race. Considering I beat GTP's N/A. So again, sorry if I have had an attitude, I jsut wanted to show off my project. And maybe have a few fun races here and there. And like I said, I would be open for some of the races, but not a car I'd get my ass handed to me. So the minute I go to GLD, I will post my timeslips, and then we can plan the fun racing accordingly. Thank you, and sorry again.

Nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Post whore
    What kind of car you have? Also, from where do you know me?

Overall, Im just simply stating that I put all this work into my car, to make it a 13 second car. And 13's are great in my opinion for a daily driven street car. Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car. I do not know if he has raced Tri, isnt Tri the one with the Red integra? Otherwise, what does he drive? Matt has really only raced at GLD. So, I couldnt tell you who won or lost. But Matt like any Probe, has had clutch issues and tranny issues. Especially him with 500 hp at the flywheel. Sorry for the attitude, I jsut hate being cut down. Yes I admit Probes arent the greatest cars, but to what I have done, or what Matt has done is pretty cool. And considering I have only had slow cars before this, I am pretty proud of myself. I think the racing for money is getting a little out of hand, and I would love to race all you guys. I mean some of them would be a good race, but obviously I would not be able to beat a modified STI, or a supercharged boss mustang, or a 500+ horsepower LS1. I would pick and choose my races as I see fit. I just know that alot of GTPs would be a win for me, or a close race. Considering I beat GTP's N/A. So again, sorry if I have had an attitude, I jsut wanted to show off my project. And maybe have a few fun races here and there. And like I said, I would be open for some of the races, but not a car I'd get my ass handed to me. So the minute I go to GLD, I will post my timeslips, and then we can plan the fun racing accordingly. Thank you, and sorry again.

Nick
    I don't want to be a jerk, or start pissing you off but how can you not beat a sti but can "kill" a GTP? I really have to wonder on that. I am thinking either the person in the GTP was not racing you, or you were not racing a GTP, maybe a SE. Also, if you think being in the 13's is fast for your car, you probably don't want to race me. Again, not being a jerk, but I don't want to just take your $.

Though, I would still love to see your car on hwy some night or see you run at GLD.

Hey Neal, putting down my STi? I think he was refering to racing stock GTP's vs. Stock STi's (even though he commented about not wanting to race a modified one). What does a stock GTP run (I mean off the showroom floor stock)? As far as I can see from magazine racing 15.0@93mph for a 04-05 GTP. Again, bench racing a STi 13.2@104mph....and that is actually about what I ran stock with mine.

Probe, I respect that you are doing something different, but honestly 11's are not that impressive, and 13's are as common as 6cyl Mustangs being driven by women.

The main thing is to have fun with your crap talking, but don't take anything seriously. I am sure that there are some Civic's with asstesas, wings, and stickers that you can cash in on.

Rick

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by fireguyrick
    Hey Neal, putting down my STi? I think he was refering to racing stock GTP's vs. Stock STi's (even though he commented about not wanting to race a modified one). What does a stock GTP run (I mean off the showroom floor stock)? As far as I can see from magazine racing 15.0@93mph for a 04-05 GTP. Again, bench racing a STi 13.2@104mph....and that is actually about what I ran stock with mine.

Probe, I respect that you are doing something different, but honestly 11's are not that impressive, and 13's are as common as 6cyl Mustangs being driven by women.

The main thing is to have fun with your crap talking, but don't take anything seriously. I am sure that there are some Civic's with asstesas, wings, and stickers that you can cash in on.

Rick
    Most STOCK GTP's do mid 14's. Some freaks will do low 14's. A GTP with under $1000 done to it can do mid to low 13's. And do STOCK STI's do 13.2's or yours does. I know a few times I went to GLD and saw some heavly moddeed ones that could not get into the mids 13's. I am talking no interior or anything.

True, it comes down to the driver with an STi. It is pretty challenging if you have no clue about AWD cars.

I ran 13.2 completely showroom stock. Most STi drivers that can infact drive their STi correctly are around the same times. THere have been one or two GREAT drivers that ran 12.9s 100% stock.

Most of the STi drivers that CAN drive, do not 1/4 mile their STi (since it is not a drag car). Most AutoX. God, if I run 13.2 with my mods I will hand over the pink slip to the first person I see.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek
    I don't want to be a jerk, or start pissing you off but how can you not beat a sti but can "kill" a GTP? I really have to wonder on that. I am thinking either the person in the GTP was not racing you, or you were not racing a GTP, maybe a SE. Also, if you think being in the 13's is fast for your car, you probably don't want to race me. Again, not being a jerk, but I don't want to just take your $.
    Though, I would still love to see your car on hwy some night or see you run at GLD.
    exactly, nick you trying to say your probe ran a mid to high 14
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

I am going to be an asshole to both sides of this thread in this post:

-Well, you GTP and STi guys spent alot more than turbo probe did to go the same speed.

-I sometimes refer to Ford Probes as "Anal Probes."

It's fun to say stuff like "that anal probe owned you!!!"
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??
    nick
    Should be an easy $200 for you then, but yea, I will give it a try, Let me know what day.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car.
    Nick
    A race car besides? I am talking about racing my daily driver. you should REALLY have no problem taking my money then, I would still try anyway even though i have so much running against me right now.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBullet
    I am going to be an asshole to both sides of this thread in this post:

-Well, you GTP and STi guys spent alot more than turbo probe did to go the same speed.

-I sometimes refer to Ford Probes as "Anal Probes."

It's fun to say stuff like "that anal probe owned you!!!"

I agree with you . I may have put alot of money into the mustang the last couple of years but not nearly as much as the STI, Evo, or Cobra guys paid for their cars off the showroom floor. Dont get me wrong, I love all of the cars listed above but it makes me laugh when guys beat my car and rub it in, because even with the mods that are done to my car, plus what I got the car for, I would still have to spend another ten grand to get to the amount that they paid for their cars from the factory.
    Andy
    00 Silver GT

To many people get into pissing matches about how fast they can go and how much it cost them. Honestly, the amount of money I have spent on my car is stupid. Sometimes, I wish I would not have. But, driving is what brings me alot of pleasure. It is all about the sport, and people need to BE good sports. A little joking or playfully rubbing a lose in is all fine and good. If a person gets beat, they should take it as it is, they lost to a faster car (which there is always one). If we all had cars that ran the same times it would not be any fun to race.

I could care less if turboprobe guy spent $100 or $100K on mods. I could care less if he ran 8's or 18's. As long as the person is not an asshat it is all good. We all have our limits, and we should respect them.

Rick

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    300 w.h.p. and you only hoping for 13's?????

Sheesh....I know a turbo'd cavalier with stock internals/bolt-on's that pushed around 270 whp and ran a 12.8....on all season street tires.