Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
Cool thanks man, question, fivount above stated that Del-ton = crap? Is this true or a bias opinion due to the facg he sells rifles? No disrespect fivount. LOL.
I found a DPMS ar15 complete parts kit minus the lower for $530 from Brownell but it doesn't list it a having mil-spec parts. Is this a No-No in the ar15 world? I did find reviews with people saying even though it isn't a Mil Spec kit they love it and haven't had any issues. I want to get into a AR for under $750 max, in the $600 range would be better. I've been doing a lot of research and I have found parts that I really like and eventually Ill swap on so I'm guessing I shouldn't have any problems with interchanging parts from different manufacturers with a non mil spec rifle? A full auto Ar would be really nice, LOL, I can dream can't I. It would be really nice to find someone selling a pre 86 full auto Ar for way under $10k. I read we can own those without having a FFL licence.
Del-Ton actually makes a good lower. I was giving Brian shit for advertising one of my competitors (not that they are much competition )

I have a production rifle I make right now I call the RT-15ES. It is a basic M4 style rifle built on my lower. They have 4150 chromemoly barrels 1:9 twist, forged trigger groups and include one Magpul PMAG. They do use a commercial spec receiver extension but the only difference between a commercial spec and a milspec is the outside diameter of the tube. So, with a commercial spec tube you actually get thicker walls. In my mind thicker walls= greater strength, but also more weight. Price is $750. Add a 2 piece quad rail for $100. I have them with front sight base or rail height gas block.