Hybrid View

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    ^ This. Grass does funny things when it is this dry. What I mean is you can get "instant green" by watering it for 2 hours one time. The grass will suck up the water as fast as you are watering, the grass will green up and look better than it did the day before. So you stop watering. It goes back to brown just as quick. But the grass is still fragile and easy to damage because it is still very dry. Animal you need to start 2 weeks out. Water the front yard or anywhere where people wont be on it for an 1-1.5hr a day. Can be morning or late in the day, doesn't matter at this point as your soil is super dry. Water the backyard 1.5 or a bit more than that if thats where you plan to have your cookout. Keep a close eye on how the grass responds. After 2-3 days you should see it start to green up and "look" healthy like it did a month-6weeks ago. I would suggest staying right on your watering schedule right up till your event. Don't be affraid to soak your lawn pretty good too. I can almost guarantee you can't OVER water right now, tho if you do notice your lawn getting REALLY soft a few days before your cookout, back off the watering to 1 hour on the backyard or a bit less so not to make it too soft for traffic
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Animal you need to start 2 weeks out. Water the front yard or anywhere where people wont be on it for an 1-1.5hr a day. Can be morning or late in the day, doesn't matter at this point as your soil is super dry. Water the backyard 1.5 or a bit more than that if thats where you plan to have your cookout. Keep a close eye on how the grass responds. After 2-3 days you should see it start to green up and "look" healthy like it did a month-6weeks ago. I would suggest staying right on your watering schedule right up till your event. Don't be affraid to soak your lawn pretty good too. I can almost guarantee you can't OVER water right now, tho if you do notice your lawn getting REALLY soft a few days before your cookout, back off the watering to 1 hour on the backyard or a bit less so not to make it too soft for traffic
    Thanks man, thats what I was lookin for.