Thread: Truck Shocks

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

Truck Shocks

What are some decent shocks these days for trucks? I've been out of the loop for a while for suspension parts. I have a 99 silverado ext cab short box. Its a Z71 and all that. I'm looking at trying to get some shocks put on tomorrow with some other stuff.
    1968 Camaro 383

Wheres a good place to go to that could get me in tomorrow right away? I usually do this myself but I'm kind of in a rush and just want to get it done.
    1968 Camaro 383

Don't all help me at once now!
    1968 Camaro 383

I had good luck with the Rancho RS9000 series. They were adjustable and install was a cinch on my Super Duty. The difference was instantly noticeable. Nowdays, they look manually adjustable or remotely with a digital device. They weren't terrible $$ wise either but this was 7 yrs. ago. Any corner shop could do it. Bruce at Franklin Automotive on 31st and Ryan does good work.

Well I kind of thought it over a bit and I might go with the Bilsteins again. Not sure yet though.
    1968 Camaro 383

if its the 99 silverado the bilsteins do a nice job
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

kyb's ftw.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

People seem to like the shocks I get from Carquest they are made by KYB. They have two different listings for your truck, either $55 each or about $80 each. Bilsteins are FU*in expensive!
    GM World Class Certified Technician

Well I can get Bilsteins for like $75 each online so its not that much more than a regular shock.
    1968 Camaro 383

on ebay there is a vendor that sells overstocked KYB shocks for $115/pr shipped. item # 360015120597