Thread: Rsd 2005

Rsd 2005

I Heard A Rumor

There Will Be An Rsd Night On July 9 It A Sat .......

Yup....aint it cool?
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

i will be ready
    2 plates and fogger to push my mini van into the 13s

Glad to see everybody is soooooo excited about this.

Cheddar heads...sheesh.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

Yippee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffEnuff
    Glad to see everybody is soooooo excited about this.

Cheddar heads...sheesh.

Tuff, I love it!! I still got to find time to give you a call about some type of sponsorship of RSD's for my dealership. Are you working over the Houston guys to make a trek up this way for the Sat. RSD?

Chris

Texas = Turds

Out of curiosity, has any "regional street racing group" ever made the trek to compete with another regional group across country? I hear this mentioned on nearly every message board I am on; never seen it happen; but surely it could have actually happened somewhere... I just can't imagine a group of guys informally packing their trailers and getting hotel reservations, the whole works, just to settle an Internet superiority dispute.... Would be a lot of fun though!
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    couple guys from IL made the trek down to houston. that's why i mentioned them coming up this way. the results supposedly weren't all that great, but then again, who knows what really happened and i think only 2 cars went down.

I would LOVE to see the Texas turds come up here....we'll murder 'em Chicago style!

How fast are the fastest Chicago cars? My guess is high 7s???
    If so, do you pull a 'chute on the street?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Are they going to run the RSD's the same as the end of the year last year? Where they killed the clocks at like 5:00. It seemed as if the number of races actually went down as a result. At least thats what it looked like to me.
    thanxs
    Ian

yep

so we have to dail your car in way before that

Quote Originally Posted by 88blknotch
    Are they going to run the RSD's the same as the end of the year last year? Where they killed the clocks at like 5:00. It seemed as if the number of races actually went down as a result. At least thats what it looked like to me.
    thanxs
    Ian

We >>NEVER<< killed the clocks at 5pm

We *did* however cut them back to 7PM...and it *did* cut down the racers a bit. BUT, thats what we were trying to do.RSD was getting wayyyy out of hand with Test and Tuners. Thats NOT what the event is for. *THIS* year we will run the Time runs until 8 PM unless we have that problem again.

The "Hardcore" street racers will not show up if the place is packed with T&T guys... Without them there isnt much of a point to having an RSD.

Mind you, it's not that I dont like having the car count up....it's what I had to do to keep the event going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinZ
    couple guys from IL made the trek down to houston. that's why i mentioned them coming up this way. the results supposedly weren't all that great, but then again, who knows what really happened and i think only 2 cars went down.
    I've got that DVD. It also has an GLD RSD event as well...shows a couple familar faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    How fast are the fastest Chicago cars? My guess is high 7s???
    If so, do you pull a 'chute on the street?
    Old question that never got answered. Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Old question that never got answered. Anybody?
    Thats hard to say...but *I* have pulled the chute on the street!

No you haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.