Thread: project WTF?

project WTF?

figured id share my newest project, bought this off rally scort for a couple hundred bucks to build a cool little street truck. Figured i had played with enough 4x4s time for a low mean 2wder. its getting a turbo 2.3 from an 87 thunderbird, also got an 8.8 posi for it, going to be dropped down a good amount too but we shall see what the future brings!

-Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

nice pm inbound

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    tur30

Good luck on your project
    Last edited by MurphysLaw88GT; 06-26-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Irish
    Is the turbo ford blue?

is it done yet?

Flavio (El Nino) and a few other guys localy have run into the 8's with the 2.3. Its a very similar foundation as the 2.2/2.5 family of Mopars, cheap and can handle boost well with enough fuel.

Cool project, may have an intercooler for you if you dont have one yet. I mounted a Freightliner semi truck cooler in a Dodge Dakota so anything is possible
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

haha that would be awesome russ!

i have the stock intercooler, and yes dude before me painted the turbo ford blue i believe why no idea....hopefully this week i can get the old motor/trans out, kurt i will be in touch this week about getting those parts so i can get moving forward on it
    -Kyle

Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

cuttin' chips
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post

i have the stock intercooler, and yes dude before me painted the turbo ford blue i believe why no idea....hopefully this week i can get the old motor/trans out, kurt i will be in touch this week about getting those parts so i can get moving forward on it
    where did the motor come from? I remember seeing a motor similar in a grey turbocoupe a couple years back.It used to be my motor out of my coupe.
    91 Notch - where to begin

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    Im out back right now, have a HUGE 3'x3' semi cooler, it would probably have to be bed mounted. I tend to agree with Corky Bell on intercooler placement: "An intercooler mounted in the next county will still pressurize quicker than you can blink with the correct sized turbo". Turbos are high volume low pressure pumps, you stock turbo could pressurize your living room in seconds.

I also have some smaller stock sized coolers, very similar to the Ford style t-bird coolers.I have actualy welded as many as three together to raise CFM and efficency.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Quote Originally Posted by rally_scort View Post
    where did the motor come from? I remember seeing a motor similar in a grey turbocoupe a couple years back.It used to be my motor out of my coupe.
    not sure my buddy ferris had it in his garage which he bought off a guy who lived in racine who was on the ranger forums
    -Kyle

KCCO!

If you want a big arse intercooler, go for it. But, just to give a point of reference, I've got a normal 19 x 6 intercooler on my ranger and it keeps the the temps within 15-20 degrees of ambient. Keeping your compressor in it's efficient range goes a very long way on intake temps as well.