Thread: Trans

Exclamation Trans

I just blew the pump in my trans. Who dose good tran rebuilds? I live in racine. Last time i got it fixed and they put all the HD stuff in but somehow i still broke it. It only had about 15000 miles on it.

Irish
    Is this a daily? Is is it an A4?

Breecher_7
    Take it to ATD in germantown.

IT is a 4L60E not a DD more of a fun car.

TSI Racing Transmissions
    14 W Industrial Rd Suite B
    Addison, IL 60101
    http://tsiracing.com/index.htm

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

http://www.finishlinetrans.com/

Stick with someone who knows 4L60E's. Nobody builds a better one than these guys.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    ATD in germantown 1-262-251-7777

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brett View Post
    http://www.finishlinetrans.com/

Stick with someone who knows 4L60E's. Nobody builds a better one than these guys.
    x2. FLT is no joke. Check Vince @ FLT's thread on www.ls1tech.com in the automatic trans forum, he shows pics of every step of the trans build and explains his work. Very impressive.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

Yeah, they're VERY thorough and their reputation speaks for itself. They replace a ton of parts that other builders overlook. I've never heard anyone complain about an FLT transmission. They're in the Chicago 'burbs, so not far away if you had your mind set on a local place.

FWIW I had a transgo shiftkit and vig stall installed at ATD back in 1999, in a 94 vette. It took two attempts to get the SK installed correctly. After the first install, my car felt like it had a CVT trans when I picked it up. The guy said he hadn't seen many 4l60e's in yet so they were just getting acclimated. I'm sure they have gotten up to speed since then with the electronically controlled trans'. They do have a great rep on th400's and 350's and tbrakes. When my A4 goes, I will be going with an FLT because of all the great feedback and their exc build quality.