Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    There are SBP ( small by-pass ) LBP ( large by-pass ) and Fan Power

Choosing one all depends on the Furnace for ideal operation, if your furnace is a single stage a by-pass is great, if your furnace is 2-stage you WILL FOR SURE need a power assist. When I say power assist I mean there is actually a miniature fan blowing/forcing the humidity into the duct work system. Two stage furnace usually run on low stage 80% of the heating season and they just don't have the CFM are movement to pull proper air across the humidifier pad that is Moist, hahahaha moist !!!

I have installed Aprilaire, Honeywell, Bryant, Brauburn.

Hands down Aprilaire is the Best, not only is it the best but there all priced the same so choose the aprilaire.

Also there is Manual option and Automatic option, manual means as the temperature changes outside you must walk to the control that is mounted downstairs and adjust it, Automatic is just that, you set it once ehhh possibly twice if your totally new to it and you leave it alone for how ever many years your in the home.

Automatic versions have a sensor that you place outside, the sensor takes a temperature sends it to the control, control does a % calculation and determines what ideal for the setting of where you want it.

I will just Quote this guy, ohh wait that was me, I keep things simple.

One note as your talking about steam humidifiers.

Steam humidifiers are the WORST New product out there, my work went through HELL with them, typical fashion we were sold on them by the " Ohhh my Lord its new and cool and technically advanced "

But after 3 years to date of melting Boards, melting plastic ( dry firing ) and constant calls of " my electric bills are very high " we decided to do the Honorable thing and replace everyone that we came across that we installed. There is not ONE company ( maybe I guess ) that would do this, but we are very honorable, we have finally replaced them all with Aprilaire 700A's and everyone is happy !!!

I think we sold around 20-25 total witch is quite a bit as they were not cheap to install...

Yes you read that right, we installed a NEW fancy product and had such a massive FAIL that we felt very responsible for it and corrected it by installing what we enjoy installing because of the High success rate, were talking 12-15grand.... YIKES !!!

The steam humidifier was over engineered similar to somebody's posts
    Last edited by awsomeears; 01-14-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches