I have 92 Z28 that I just bought a 406 crate motor for. Its a motor primarily set up for carb, however the manufacturer said it would work for my car if I choose to keep it fuel injected. All I would have to do is re-map the computer. With WBD and/or LMT I figured no problem.

So now I got the motor in my garage, I took the intake manifold they gave me off & put my TPIS Miniram intake on to size it up. The intake bolt-holes line up perfect but the intake ports are mis-aligned. The ports are equally sized (height & width) but the ports on the manifold sit lower than the cylinder head ports do.

So I guess I have two options....figuring out how to solve that mis-alignment problem or going carb on my new motor while selling my Miniram intake with my 58mm BBK TB. (any takers?) lol

That being said, whats all involved with converting a computer to carb? Is it as easy as im thinking in my head? (go easy on me, i'm not too technically advanced when it comes to this) New throttle/kickdown cables and adjust, buy a vacuum advanced distributor, toggle switch operated cooling fans and what else? I already have a toggle switch hooked up to the "Lock-up" option on my torque converter. (700R4 auto)

Thanks for your input......
-Mike