Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
Thats a perfect picture to give you a tip on... See the leading edge of the console, where it will butt up against the black floor vent surround in the truck? DO yourself a favor and cut the white plastic piece inside the console so that the console will mount flush against the floor vent surround. Just that little 1/2" x 1" corner white triangle on both sides will do. This will make it MUCH easier to slide the console forward and lock into the mounting brackets. Apparently the expy's dont have the same flat surround. On mine, that little white corner that sticks out was making it really hard to slide the console forward. If I would've forced it, it may've even preloaded enough force in the bind to crack the black plastic piece on a big bump.

Lookin good so far. You'll love the console, but seriously I think you should consider recovering the lid with the crisscross material I have. It is an exact match to the seat inserts. You can take a look once I get it out of storage and see what you think. I originally had standard black leather on mine... this looks WAY better
Yes, you are right. Melman? From lightning Rodder was telling me the same about the white plastic. Well if you insist, maybe I could stop by your place and see your material, and how much did you want for it? I'm free Monday and Tuesday if you want to meet up.

I should be done with the interior Monday or Tuesday. I just have to tap the holes for the brackets and seat. Install the rest of the interior and move on to the engine bay area. The guy that is polishing the SC finally called me back. Should pick it up tomorrow.