Threaded View

Home Audio / Video question reguarding wiring / wall plate

I mounted my tv to the fireplace like a year ago and I am finally sick of looking at the wiring hanging across my mantle and down the side of my firebox. I am looking for suggestions on a wall plate, I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-HOME-PHDM...239411&sr=1-15

I want to run HDMI with a switch box, the RCA's, and not sure what to put in the component spot. I could put components, but not sure that I would use them? I have a computer and a DVD player hooked up to the tv now, thats it. Eventually would like a surround sound receiver with hdmi so I will only need 1 hdmi to the tv.

I am planning on running the female side of a black extension cord down through the ceiling so I don't need a power wall plate on the ceiling, along with the hdmi cable and a set of rcas and whatever else I put in that wall plate ( components? coax? )

I'm not the best with the audio video stuff since I hardly have time to watch TV, but I do want this set up right so I don't have to re do it in the future. Pardon the mess, we are in the middle or re-arranging. Wiring will go straight up into ceiling then down the left side of the chimney and wall plate will be near the floor. The Antenna will also be in the attic

Last edited by pOrk; 12-01-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln