Threaded View

Arrow Apartment Search `09, HELP WANTED.....

After separating for 4 months the wife & I decided to give our relationship another shot and we are all good once again. The closing date on our house should be mid-late January and unfortunately it's too cold to live in my Aerostar van like I had hoped to (). Time is ticking for us to find a new place to live and we're looking for any/all suggestions on where to go. We recently looked at a few places but nothing so far has our serious attention. We would like to spend in the area of $750-800 per month with utilities but would consider paying more if the situation is ideal. Desired locations are in the suburbs spanning from Oak Creek, west to Franklin/Muskego, and north to New Berlin. We will consider other areas if, once again, the situation is ideal. I have only lived in a single family house my entire life (3 in 30 years) so this will be a completely new experience for me…..

The following areas are required for us to consider an apartment; these are for the most part non-negotiable.....

Requirements

- Private entry meaning one door to enter your unit, no hallways/community entrances.....

- A solid building structure (concrete = ), I rarely get good sleep and will no way tolerate excessive noise from neighbors.....

- Parking spaces (preferably 2) in a parking lot, street parking is not acceptable.....

- A cat must be allowed, meow.....

- Washer/dryer in unit, I will NOT wash my clothes at a laundromat or 'community' coin-operated machines.....

- One bedroom with ample closet space or two bedrooms with decent closet space.....

- A good sized living room and bathroom with shower above a bathtub. My definition of “good sized” is a bathroom door that closes without hitting your knees while on the ‘throne’. Enough room for a couch/coffee table, two small(er) recliners, two end tables, and an entertainment center with room to walk between everything.....

I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two but for the most part that is the extent of our requirements.....

'Would like to haves'

- One or two car garage either attached or detached......

- Underground parking, the thought of never having to clean snow off our cars at home makes me giddy.....

- Hydronic heat, a.k. a. in floor heating.....

- An upper level unit, meaning the highest floor possible.....

- Free cable or satellite service, OK this one might be a pipe dream but it sure would be nice.....

If you have any personal experience or know of something that might be of interest to us please post up. I'd like to find the 'right' place because we might be there for some time and would hate to move after only 6 months to a year.....

~Justin

Last edited by Car Guy; 12-20-2009 at 10:11 PM.