Threaded View

Beeyond Engineering

8sec RWD Street Import...why no one?

As many have seen, there are a good numbers of domestic BCM members that have ran 8sec at least once or twice this year in decently claimed street cars(honestly no one has a true 8sec DAILY DAILY DAILY driven street car...i know we can all agree on that). But in most cases they are considered street cars since the class they race are the STREET CLASS. I'm just curious as to why no one has built a high-powered Street Import RWD or even an AWD. Guessing in the 800-1000whp/ahp!!! That would be cool to see a few fast 8sec street import out in the mix with the 8sec domestics.

Are we building one.. NO!!! I was debating, but have other plans... really did look into it.... never done anything RWD so the rear-end would've been the biggest obstacle. Was thinking of a 93 civic coupe(stripped and lightened down to say: 2500lb total weight) with a proven 2.0L B-series Vtec pushing 800-850whp on a GT42@45psi. G-Force conterclockwise tranny cost in the neighborhoods of $15K...maybe more! this would be an awesome combo. Maybe one day for sure when I hit the lottery....for sure though one day ... w/o a doubt

What about supras how come no one has a 8sec to low 9sec supra in WI...shoot there are connections just 2hrs away(SP). I know of only one in town, but may need more seat time to acquire good numbers.

Usually when one scene goes faster another scene does the same---vice versa. Honestly, it has seem as if the Import scene has cease in Milwaukee/Wisconsin. Hate to say it, but true!!! Am I halting? hell no!!! I'll have pics of my 9sec setup soon. Bullet proof motor near completion. next up to bat is my tranny..... probably going to spend $5K easily just for parts to mod the tranny.
    Last edited by Bee; 12-18-2008 at 09:43 PM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph