I haven't been on this site for almost 1 year due to certain peoples b.s, and decided to try to find help here once again. I would appreciate intelligent repsonses on this thread and nothing else which doesn't pertain to its relevance.

It's a Chevy 355, 10:1 compression, 10 deg of timming, Holley 650 double pumper, Moderate cam (I don't remember the specs), Vac advance dist, Perfomer RPM Q-Jet intake (will be replacing soon) and all high performance ignition with an MSD control module.

It has a TH-400 with 3.42 gears in the diff. I'm not sure what type of torque converter is in it either. No line lock or trans brake.

The car doesn't pull for crap over 4k. When I leave the line under soft acell and throttle the engine, it just feels powerless, it won't even spin the tires. This engine is by no means a beast but it should certainly get up and go, which it doesn't.

This problem has existed since I've owned the car. I feel as though maybe the torque converter is wrong for the cam. The cam is lopey but not huge by any means. Possibly not enough carb? It almost feels like it's starving for fuel?

Converter? Carb? (which was tuned well by Prince Valiant last summer), Q-Jet intake?

I'm out of ideas, any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated. If anymore info is needed, let me know and I can update the thread.

Thanks, Jon