Threaded View

Wink turbo saturn update....

well after some tuning and such... at 9 psi non-intercooled and a very "crude" tuning/engine management(43lb/hr inj.and a safc2)... cylinder 1 and 4 went buh bye! about 30psi of comp. in cyl1 and 0psi in cyl4. I learned how SAFC's work now ! when your at -%48 correction timming likes to go wayyyy up under boost! after it blew i went back and looked at the data logging... sure sh!t right befor it went total timming advance was at 48* soooo i will fix the fuel problem by putting in my AFPR... so then my correction wont be sooo out of wack. then will also install my EGT gauge which i never did here are some pics of the damage... sorry for the crappy pics.... oh and BTW i recieved my new pistons... just a cheap($150) set of hypernectic low comp(8.5-1) moly rings, new bearing, timing chain, head bolts, valve stem seals, and a few other little things... I AM NOT GOING FOR HIGHEST HP OR A FAST A$$ car.... just something a little better than stock... looking to make a max of 220whp... this time i will do it right !

Last edited by sloLs1; 01-18-2007 at 08:38 PM.
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride