Threaded View

Finally bit the bullet

Well i hate to say ive this but ive given up the ghost on the 10bolt!! Which as we all know its drag racing days were numbered anyhow. It took every last ounce of diginity in me to do the unthinkable and pull out the GM card. After mulling over options and deciding whether or not im gonna build the 10 bolt with the saying in my mind "We can make him stronger". But whos to say the 10 Bolt is gonna survive the unthinkable which consists of a close to 400RWHP producing LS1 breathing down its throat and the 6 speed rattling its cage as well combined with frequent use of E/T streets with the occasional, ahem "spirited driving" which i think is enough to make it want to pack it in with less then desirable short order. So as it took every last ounce of manhood to for me to call on a new Moser 12 bolt packed with 4.30 gears to be taking it in the back side from the LS1 from now on. Its hard for me to do a "budget minded" build when i have to choke down 2200 dollars to rectify a factory inadaquecy. But im really going through withdrawl without being able to reach my goal of 11 sec A-B times with the current engine setup as of yet because of the 10 bolt going farpatshket on every attempt. After the tiring amount of mechanical trauma of orderd the Moser 12 bolt yesterday after noon which is scheduled to arrive early next week via truck freight. This is the most deliberating symptom of chronic high-performance intoxication ( others include drooling, fiscal insolvency, and an inablity to maintain a mutually gratifying relationship with someone other the my parts source of supply). Hopefully this is the silver bullet for my "differential dilema".

Tom B
    Last edited by BADDLS1SS; 09-12-2003 at 05:54 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.