SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge

Anybody check out the Dec. issue with the results? I was hoping Mark C's RX7 would've placed a little higher, but 7th place on a $20k total build, finished literally hours before the event, without the big dollar crews and professional driver aint all that bad If the abs system had not failed and they had a little more time to prep the car.......oh well there's always next year.

I believe this is the first rx7 to even finish in the contest, guess why
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

What's the nature of the challenge?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    What's the nature of the challenge?
    Cars are evaluated on
    -base price
    -grandma test
    -car show
    -guru panel
    -peak power
    -power delivery
    -driveability
    -emissions
    -fuel economy
    -1/4 mile
    -20-100 mph
    -60-0 mph
    -skidpad
    -road course
    -gross display of hp

I was suprised to see no c5 z06's, viper, porsche or other halfway exotic cars this year. They should rename it the jdm streetcar challenge
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

where was all this?
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticGTX
    where was all this?
    Sport compact car magazine http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/toc/thismonth/
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

SCC is probably the best all around magazine i read, they're VERY fair on their analysis of vehicles, and test very fairly. they definatly don't get brand loyal. that and they flog the living crap outta cars
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

I do have to add that it is a very neat competition that they put on, since it is open to the public, as long as your car gets voted in.

Sounds like an awesome, grueling, well organized event.
    Josh
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333
    SCC is probably the best all around magazine i read, they're VERY fair on their analysis of vehicles, and test very fairly. they definatly don't get brand loyal. that and they flog the living crap outta cars

Wasn't this the magazine that used to (or still does ) let christian rado write a column every month? That right there relagates this magazine to being a touch less readable than ****-stained toilet paper...

The impression I had always had, when the magazine was relatively new, was that the guys writing the mags were journalist who didn't know crap about cars, writing about cars. They were better than some car magazines that only wrote about cars and the stero and games systems used in them, and then about how they could never get a chick like the one posing on the car to like them...

I have noticed that SCC has gotten some things better...there tech has improved, but is still somewhat simplistic. They'll get things wrong on occassion...last thing I remember was a discussion about cooling systems that had a couple inaccuracy's with regards to energy transfers...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Chris , if you want a magazine that's gonna knock your socks right off and more , get ahold of "Engine Masters".. It only comes out a few times a year but I get it at Barnes and Noble. It's like a child magazine of Popular Hot Rodding except it's 100% pure tech. www.enginemasters.com
    Josh

no idea, i usually read their project cars and stuff. the tire anaylsis they do as well as a few other things i loved. i never read an article by Christian Rado though. i do'nt subscribe to any car magazines anymore, i used to have 8 subscriptions, got tired of that fast.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson