Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

My cars in Barns pics?

Just a quick test to see if anyone is interested in my Cars in Barns type shots?

I used to drive all over the state.......

Lemme know what ya think!

Sean

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any stories or locations?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Those are so interesting to see imo. Sad to see the neglect of iconic pieces of history.

The 68 Dart GTS was found in Cudahy. It had been stored in a strage facilty that was torn down. Last registered in 77. Not for sale, was dads and plan to restore it....

The GTO was on Moreland in Waukesha for well over a year. It looked to be a parts car. Still had a block and 4 speed inside of it. No one knew who owned it when I stopped.

The 71 Charger was a R/T that I found in Anamosa IA in late winter 04. Not one part left with a # on it. The shop it was behind was closed up. I assume there is a matching R/T running around somewhere in IA....

The oldie (Model A?) is siting on Hwy 32 just south of Ryan road. As far a I know it's still there. I didn't stop and ask since I have no room for what I have now!

I'll load a few more on Thurs. I have a lot to choose from!

Sean

Find the green 69 Yenko camaro, burried up to the floor pans in some guys back yard yet? its up near wausau somewhere, my parents went and took a bunch of pics of it.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Hmn.. haven't heard about that one yet! I did find a green 69 Z/28 last registered in 77. Haven't got enough cash flow to beat on the guys door yet!

I also have leads on a junk yard in NE WI that is supposed to have a Challeger T/A shell with a title. It's on my list!

Sean

man what happened to that yellow Chager...last pic. OUCH! Great pics though.

Yeah this guy with the green yenko wont talk to anyone and wont sell it either, i guess his mom drove it last, spun it out in the rain, the car got parked ever since, that was 84' so the story goes on it, its fathem green with white stripes, the stripes are all cracked and peeling, lower body panels are all now rotten, engine is still complete and #s matchin, according to the Vin vs Engine stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    Yeah this guy with the green yenko wont talk to anyone and wont sell it either, i guess his mom drove it last, spun it out in the rain, the car got parked ever since, that was 84' so the story goes on it, its fathem green with white stripes, the stripes are all cracked and peeling, lower body panels are all now rotten, engine is still complete and #s matchin, according to the Vin vs Engine stamp.
    Damm, I bet you could steal that one night, hold onto to it for a year, then try to get a lost title for it. Maybe he'll forget about it or wont even bother to try keep it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    I've seen pictures of it, I think it was buried in a garden, I heard he thought it was worth 100k or so a few years ago.....
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

A few more

That Yenko sounds interesting. Can't imagine what one would be worth as a pile of rust even! Get me the address and I'll shoot pics!

This Batch:

64 GTO: sitting next to a body shop in Cascade. 4 speed car, has an engine and trans in it. Last time I went pat it said not for sale on the windshield.

66 Charger: Sitting atthe crossroads of a town (sortof) called York Center. Seems to be a serious Mopar guy. Had a bunch of stuff I would like but all turning to dust. More pics to follow!

69 Z/28: Mine! Ok, someday when funding works out.. Looked to be all there and last registered in 77.

I will be getting more pics off the other computer. Have shot of a T/A graveyard in the Milw area. I'm sure some of you know about them already....

Sean

Sorry, forgot the 69 Mustang!

It was N of Sun Prarrie and a local Mustang guy I spoke to said it was rumored to be a Boss 302......

Another set

Dodge Coupe: Sitting on the hill on the west side of I43 at 164. Has a frame and engine under it but the body has been cut in half right behind the doors. Still solid...

67 Cougar: It was sitting in an alley in West Allis last year when we were house hunting. Didn't have time to stop and look real close. Wasn't there the last time I went past.

Ford Ranch Wagon: Shot that in Western WI on a 2 lane in late winter of 04. One of my all time favorite shots.

72 Buick GS: 350 with an automatic. Air induction hood. Nice and solid, sitting on the main drag in Fall River WI

More crap

GTO Conv: Found on the N side of Milw at an import shop. The owner of the shop was very vague about who owned it or why it was there. Was gone by spring. 400, PW, Tilt, console. Looked to be loaded.

70 GTX: Found it being stored behind a church in Sheboygan county. 30k on the clock. 440, Automatic, A/C, white guts, console. Nicely loaded. Going to be restored soon.

Mercury Comet Conv's: Sitting behind a shop in Richfield. Talked to a guy in the shop, very nice and I'm sure the cars would be treated right.

70 Mustang Sports Roof: Sitting in Wind Lake (I think?) 351 car with a freaky roof treatment. Has been on cars in barns and in the same spot for 5 or 6 years.

Chevy II SS: very clean SS sitting in Rhine Center WI. Talked to the owner and he only wanted 10k for it......

2 70 Superbirds: Owned by a husband and wife near Beaver Dam. Had a ton of cool Mopar stuff. I was so stunned when the son opened the garage and saw the wings that my pics sucked after that! Both 4 spd cars and driven!

Green 70 Superbird: Pics sent by a friend. 6 pack car if memory serves. Was sitting outside somewhere in WI. The garage had another bird with 20 some odd thou on the clock. He won't tell me where it was sitting.....

50's Stude: Sitting at a shop someplace near Madison. Looked like it was going to get worked on. Just a cool rod waiting to happen.

73 Torino GTS: Near Watertown. Never got a chance to talk to the owner but had to take a pic. Was amazed to see one left. Back when I was a kid you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Torino.......

I'll edit more this eve!

Heh... that rotten pile of yenko camaro, if its all there, and can be restored w/o a re-body and has the right driveline parts for the car, its worth 65-75K! i **** you not!

We sold that 68' non coverterted rally green yenko/ COPO 9737 for 75, (#2 of 2 left in exsistance, we own #1 of two currently)and needed a 50K restoration... it was complete #'s matching low mileage car though.

If I was able to score a Yenko I'd run it out to that guy in Iowa with the big Yenko collection.

I could never do a resto on a car like that without hacking it!

Sean

Cool pics. I've seen a few of those cars in person which makes it even more neat. Thanks for sharing!

I really need a cheap-o digital camera to leave in the truck.

Wagon time!

Time for a few Wagons.....

The Buick Sprt Wagon and the Checker are sitting on the east side of 57 in Sheboygan county. The Checker is tempting (nothing gets you laid like a Checker wagon...)

The 59 Caddy Camper was sitting by the Chevy II I posted earlier.

The Pontiac El Camino (El Catalina?) was on Hwy 20 near East Troy. Nothing I want to know the history of....

The Plymouth Wagon was ona lot for sale with a few other odd ball cars in Juneau. Interesting rod material.......

I don;t get to share these shots often. I sentthem into the Cars In Barns site but he never posted any of them. I would estimate that I have about 400 pics of this type total.

God I need a life......

Sean