Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I guess you BCM guys were right...

It is just a neon. But it just gives me more of a reason to turn it into a beast. It'll be done in spring.

Here's the mess I left at Target on 27th:

Work begins:

Ready to pull:

It's Out:

My poor engine:

Are you supposed to see through to the ground?

Just to prove that it goes all the way through....

See y'all next year!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Story?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I was driving 20 mph in 2nd gear in the parking lot.....trying to leave when I heard a huge clunk and the whole car shuddered. I shut it off immediately and coasted into that parking spot where it proceeded to piss out all of its oil in a matter of seconds. Not quite sure what caused it considering I hadn't beat on it for about 4 days.

so.....I am currently searching for a oil pan, crank, and block. As for what my plans are.....here we go:

Forged Pistons & Rods (overbored)
    Cams
    Cam Gears
    60mm Throttle Body
    Return Fuel System
    A large turbo...not sure which one yet....looking at GT35R or something like it.
    if money permits......head work and a lsd

If you are interested in a GT35R turbo, I have one I will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh
    It is just a neon. But it just gives me more of a reason to turn it into a beast. It'll be done in spring.
    See y'all next year!
    That sucks to see that. Sorry about your missfortune. Neon or not, not cool to see someone's ride broke like that. What kind of times did it run before?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Printer *****
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    That sucks to see that. Sorry about your missfortune. Neon or not, not cool to see someone's ride broke like that. What kind of times did it run before?

Ditto . Hope you get it back up running faster and stronger than it ever was before man!
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

Irish
    That sucks...... and you don't even a good story out of it!

Is that a nitrous solenoid and -3 or -4 AN line i see in the lower right corner of the engine compartment?

Take some pics of the crank/rods that busted and the bearings, it had to of spun a bearing prior if it went at low speed like that.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I ran a 13.2 @ 108 as my best. When I took off the turbo I found that the block off plate had a small gap which was creating a rather large boost leak. I had a full bottle of nitrous and yes - a Zex Wet kit (75 shot). I had the car tuned so the a/f ratios were good.....never got to spray it. I also bought slicks which are on there way......

We are tearing it apart on Monday - I'll take more pics then

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Forged Pistons & Rods (overbored)
    Cams
    Cam Gears
    60mm Throttle Body
    Return Fuel System
    A large turbo...not sure which one yet....looking at GT35R or something like it.
    if money permits......head work and a lsd
    Just my .02, but I'd try and get the headwork moved up in the priority scale. Maybe not above anything you've got listed there, but out of the "maybe" and into the "almost certainly" column. Even in a turbo application, good airflow = significantly more power vs stock.

Also see what can be done for a 2.7 stroker
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 09-18-2005 at 10:55 AM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Lightbulb

That sucks for sure, but now you're an official member of the "Popped Motor Club". This is an exclusive group of people who crave horsepower and play hard.

Just a friendly suggestion/observation: Dude, the way you have that hook thru the rear bracket is a little scary.

Bolt a chain with large washers across the engine and lift it from the chain...

You'll be back though. Use this an an "excuse" for a mega-motor...

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    sorry to see this happen Eddie...
    TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

Sorry to see that....is you warranty up or something? I thought those things came with nice warranties. Just make sure to remove all the nitrous stuff
    -Tyler

SS power
    That is clearly a p-shop photo.

Honestly thought, Eddie, that sucks. I thought the SRT motors were a bit stronger than that. What kind of power did you pull out of it? I hope you can get something done with your warranty, but the nitrous and upgraded intercooler might work against you at the stearlership. Best of luck and keep us informed about that you find out.

that sucks, but thats also WAY cool you can completely see right through like that. odd way for the block to pop. good luck in rebuilding it into a beast!
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Fast grocery getter...
    Sorry to see that man...car sounded crazy the last time I saw it out on hwy...good luck with the rebuild..I am sure that GT35 will be quite nice for you....
    2006 AWD Black TBSS
    Tom tuned
    ...Now it's Loose and Loud!!!

i've pretty much over used my warranty so far with this car. They pretty much know me by name....lol. Plus I have 42,000 miles on it. Since I want to rebuild it anyways - it'd be too much work, time, and money to put it back to stock and have it towed to the stealership. I'll find a used block and build from there. Yeah - headwork is definately moving up....anyone know a good place to have it done?

Blog Entries
    Yeah - headwork is definately moving up....anyone know a good place to have it done?
    I honestly don't know of anyplace around here that I'd go out of my way to recommend. Sure, there are some decent shops that won't screw things up and give you a nice boost in performance...but myself, I went out of my way to find someone who specialized in my heads and sent them out to him in virginia. Not only did he get great numbers...but he was about 1/2 the cost too. The reason is was that he knew his way around the head, where his time was best spent for flow, what valves/springs/retainers/etc all worked best for a good combination. I can assure you that most the shops around here have probably at most seen one or two 2.4 heads come across for a valve job, much less a port/polish and performance valve job with requisite hardware.

Too bad the guy I went to only does small block mopars, or I'd send you his name.

So go out and find the vodoo gods of neon performance...even if they are NA only or primarily type shop. I've forgotten some of the bigger names...but you may find it more advantagous just to send it out to them.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

i've pretty much over used my warranty so far with this car. They pretty much know me by name....lol. Plus I have 42,000 miles on it. Since I want to rebuild it anyways - it'd be too much work, time, and money to put it back to stock and have it towed to the stealership. I'll find a used block and build from there. Yeah - headwork is definately moving up....anyone know a good place to have it done?

Sup eddie.

For good head work a guy by the name of Eddie Feiro does it, you can cantact him threw neons.org or if you want ill find his web site, he quoted me $500 or so for a Full RACE port and polish. He's done alot of neon head work and build ups. He just as good as NRGY heads wich you should be familiar with

Also 42,000 miles is ALOT for as much as you beat that things, how many miles did you personally put on it ?

Your oil pump probably took a ****, its sort common ive read a few horor storys

If your upgrading the pistons id get some custom ones called * Diamond Racing Pistons *

Also A dude from neons.org has his own shop called Force Performance ( I THINK ) in MI and has orderd 8:5:1 for the 2.0 im not sure if he has a 2.4 spec pistons or not.

Hit me up ill get you the info or ill link you up
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches