Sept 8th RSD Recap - 9 second Turbo Regal, fast turbo GTP

I went last night and it ended up not raining at all. The turnout was very low. It picked up towards the end like a crescendo. Highlights include:

Dark Gray Turbo Regals: I thought this was the same car but there is actually two. Both have obnoxiously buzzy V6 cams that sound like imports. Anyways, there is a Gray one with Illinois plates that is usually at RSD and looks like it runs mid-low 11s. Then towards the end I saw the car again but it seemed like it added wheelie bars and a parachute and was at least a second faster??? The cars looked and sounded almost identical; before I realized they are 2 different cars. Anyhow the one with the chute ran and it was fast!!! Surely a solid 9 second car. It ran with the big dogs for $1350. They ran the race down to the last seconds!! (11:59 PM). Finally they got the race off against a Nitrous LS1 "Gus" who got 10 spots and the hit. The Turbo V6 spooled up at the line, the LS1 pulled the wheels, and what do you think happened?? I would have put my money on Gus but the Turbo Regal actually passed him at the end and took the win! It was a pretty damn good race.

I have never seen a local Turbo Regal run like this one, and it was certainly still a Turbo V6. Anyone know what it is or what it runs? I didn't see the plates. Is this the super clean one with the WI plates "EIGHTS" that was in GM High Tech Performance? I'm thinking no, but that's the only one I know in the area that's this fast.

Sea Green Jeep: There was a Procharged seafoam green Jeep there that was fast as **** and I have never seen something like this. An honest to god, high off the ground, Jeep. It looked like solid 9s. It left the line like a loaded steam locomotive!!

Red Grand Prix GTP Turbo: As obnoxious as this "nitrous" guy is online , I have to admit the car was really there and I saw the turbo under the hood and I saw it run and it was actually quite fast. It wasn't that loud and didn't spin the tires that much, it just kind of hooked and went. I wish I knew what it ran but it looked like solid 11s to me. Maybe mid 11s @ 120-125 if I had to wager? It ran really strong (and smoothly). I really didn't think this car was going to run as fast as it did, but there you have it.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    GN was from the Southside of IL

definitely not a WI car

BCM sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinZ
    GN was from the Southside of IL

definitely not a WI car
    What??? It wasn't Gino's???

2008 Subabru Outback XT - Grocery Getter
    1964 Chevy BelAir 327 4-speed on Bags

Quote Originally Posted by GVR4Johnny
    What??? It wasn't Gino's???
    Hell hasn't frozen over yet

Ginos car running......now thats funny.......
    Last edited by GRNDNL; 09-15-2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

[QUOTE=Syclone0044] I didn't see the plates. Is this the super clean one with the WI plates "EIGHTS" that was in GM High Tech Performance? I'm thinking no, but that's the only one I know in the area that's this fast.
    QUOTE]

I heard Jim L. sold it at/after the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags.....Don't know where it went to.....
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

So I assume the "BIG" race never happened??

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave
    So I assume the "BIG" race never happened??
    Marko Vs TuffEnuff = Sat., Sept 24th. Tuff got a new motor and wasn't ready this week.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

The green jeep is the guy who owns Sticker Dude designs and I can't think of his name right now. He does race in some NMCA races, I think it goes like 9.50-60 range.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    'Nitrous' in the Turbo GTP had a best run of 12.3 @ 120ish that night....

He went back to the track Sunday the 11th, and pulled a 11.9 @ 120 ..
    Last edited by Brian98GTP; 09-12-2005 at 05:41 PM.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

I guess I have to start running clocks off
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    I guess I have to start running clocks off
    Mad that I posted your times? Or was that a joke....

Its posted on at least 2 other boards, so I dont see any harm...
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

That race with the GN and the camaro ROCKED!!!
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

It was sarcasm Brian since most people know my starting times by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.