Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar

where to get.........

I was looking at a kit a few weeks ago for a head/cam install that came with all of the gaskets and bolts. I thought it was at Texas Speed, but now I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or know where to get the kit? Also, I'm looking for a LS2 timing chain. Is GM the only place I can get one? Thanks.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    just check out the GP/Sponsor section of LS1tech.com

there will always be a number of vendors having a head/cam/install kit special and at pretty decent prices.

Chris

Yea, that's where I found this one. It was Thunder Racing, I found it. Thanks. Does anyone know about the LS2 chain? I'm not seeing one on any of the sponsor's sites. I called a few of them (Thunder Racing and Texas Speed) and they said they don't carry them, but will be soon. I guess GM is the only way to go for that one. Thanks.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    i think you are right because i don't think GM is even making the LS1 timing chain anymore

Thunder Racing is good ****, but make sure you look into what shops are working right now i you plan on ordering in the next day or two. the hurricane took out alot of those southern vendors. Futral/Thunder/etc...

Speed inc sells that complete kit as does Tbyrne and TSP(texas speed perf) but I think you have to call them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinZ

Thunder Racing is good ****, but make sure you look into what shops are working right now i you plan on ordering in the next day or two. the hurricane took out alot of those southern vendors. Futral/Thunder/etc...
    I just talked to TSP and Thunder Racing this morning, both are open.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    Speed inc sells that complete kit as does Tbyrne and TSP(texas speed perf) but I think you have to call them for that.
    Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I want to use the graphite gaskets (99-00) on my 02, and don't really need the AIR and EGR gaskets. So I'm ganna have to find someone who'll be willing to mix/match a kit for me, or give me a good deal on what I need. It shouldn't be a problem. I just can't wait to see what GM is ganna charge me for a LS2 chain.

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    There is no more ls1. They substitue the ls2 now for them. Part number is 12586482 and list is 43.08 Employee 10% over cost for me was 27.25.

Kyle

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

Quote Originally Posted by A B4C Z
    There is no more ls1. They substitue the ls2 now for them. Part number is 12586482 and list is 43.08 Employee 10% over cost for me was 27.25.

Kyle
    huh. sweet. Maybe I can just get it from someone else then. Thanks!