Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Baddest Car Show Ever!

WOW!!! Friday night I called up BOSS LX and he mentioned there was a big car show at "L.A. Welding" on Saturday around Noon. He said a lot of fast cars show up and do burnouts. That's all I needed to hear! I got there and it seemed pretty cool to begin with, and then HOLY SH1T! This is basically a shop behind the road and they have a long "alley" entrance road that all the cars were doing burnouts up and down on! Damn near every car would pull in, smoke the tires and then carry it out, I'll bet some cars that hooked got near 100MPH before shutting down!! Some even got to the end and did about 8 donuts in a row! The show kept filling up and more and more cars showed up, faster and more insane. They did burnouts for pretty much the entire event, which was about 6 hours while I was there.

THIS is the way a car show should be, it was THE most awesome car show I have ever been to. There was probably only 5 cars running 13s or 12s, and everything else was faster down to low 8 second cars! There was even a full race car or two. Cars pulling off trailers, just to thrill the crowd. I even got about 4 rides in some 10 second Mustangs!!

A handful of the Oscars/HWY 100 crew was there, and Bobby and BOSS LX did a TON of burnouts for the crowd, and the crowd went wild for them!! Both cars smoked the shiiiit out of the tires and sounded great doing it. ScottyK also did some transbrake launches and was looking to get the wheels off the ground.

Food (brats) and drinks were offered, and for as hot as it was - that was a great time. This event was so good that I would skip my own wedding just to show up again next year

My photos aren't the best, my camera kind of fell apart on me, and I'm not a great camera man - so apologies in advance.

Looking down the entrance:

Looking back from the other end:

(continued)
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 09-20-2005 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Clarification recieved

A nice Bel Air, and look at the next photo for an under hoot shot of the blue car next to it:

Immaculate!! This must have taken a lot of work to fill in the engine bay and paint it.

This truck was rumored to have an 800HP C&S Big block, you should have seen it SMOKE the tires!!

whats that i see the ssm hat on

cool pics did u get any of the wheels up action oh did you like the ride?

The most unbelievable part

And now, the most incredible part for me. This Cutlass!!

3 words for this car -- UN FĂșCKIN BELIEVABLE!!! This is the car that everyone dreams of building, or claims they are building, or you never see. THIS GUY ACTUALLY BUILT IT!!! AND IT'S THE REAL DEAL! He made his grand entrance by coming up to the line and ROARING past the crowd when the Boost hit! I turned over and it LOOKED like an 8 second car, just accelerating on the small strip!! It was easily the fastest car at the event (in terms of cars that hooked on the asphalt).

It's reported to be a turbocharged 440 big block Mopar, obviously with FUEL INJECTION, *DUAL* Fuel injectors per cylinder, and distributorless ignition! Man I was beside myself when I heard, and saw, this ride. The word was also that he never washes it, it sit's outside , and gets driven to the dragstrip (not trailered). I didn't see the owner or I would have talked to him. Bad ass ride dude!

hehe i was standing next to him in the pic

More photos

One crowd-pleaser put on a lot of shows, and after one of the last ones - didn't quite make it before the dirt!

The car made it out OK and only got the tires in the dirt by a few feet.

Check out some of these marks from earlier before the lot got really full - some cars did some CraZy Donuts!!

Here's that turbo Cutlass getting ready to do a run:

Trying to pull the tires:

Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Can you pull the tires on hot greasy asphalt in an alley?

Whoa!

(CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE)

WTF?

MOVIES
    A run by BOSS LX

ScottyK transbrake run w/spin

Turbo Cutlass run <--- This was a lot cooler in person! Can you tell when the BOOST hits?

I Pity anyone who did not make it to this show!!

THE END
    Josh
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K
    cool pics did u get any of the wheels up action oh did you like the ride?
    Haha yeah the ride was awesome! Yours (when we hooked), and Ian's 418 are the hardest pulling N/A Small blocks I ever rode in !! The high-res wheelie photo should be an even exchange That one is worth printing and tossing on the garage wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    And now, the most incredible part for me. This Cutlass!!

3 words for this car -- UN FĂșCKIN BELIEVABLE!!! This is the car that everyone dreams of building, or claims they are building, or you never see. THIS GUY ACTUALLY BUILT IT!!! AND IT'S THE REAL DEAL! He made his grand entrance by coming up to the line and ROARING past the crowd when the Boost hit! I turned over and it LOOKED like an 8 second car, just accelerating on the small strip!! It was easily the fastest car at the event (in terms of cars that hooked on the asphalt).

It's reported to be a turbocharged 440 big block Mopar, obviously with FUEL INJECTION, *DUAL* Fuel injectors per cylinder, and distributorless ignition! Man I was beside myself when I heard, and saw, this ride. The word was also that he never washes it, it sit's outside , and gets driven to the dragstrip (not trailered). I didn't see the owner or I would have talked to him. Bad ass ride dude!

The Cutlass reminds me of the Gal BANKS TWIN TURBO SS Silverado. Look in the New Sport TRUCK MAG. Their is a article about the truck.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

Talking

Great pics!!

That turbo cutlass is sweeet!

He used to wash that Cutlass........Its been around the North Side for years.

I dont think he washes it anymore to add to the "coolness" factor. I havent ridden in his new setup yet,but it is insane.

BTW..........He is a BCM member.

awsome ****

Where is that place? Do they have any other shows?
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

Senior Member..now yer posting! MT98Z's Avatar
    Fastest car of the show was the black nova you didn't show any pics of.Has the cutlass coverd no problem.The cutlass is cool though.

Hmm was it the black Nova parked by the brown garage wall with the big block and 500HP N2O Fogger? How fast is that one? It had quite the nitrous setup, 4 solenoids IIRC. When I said "fastest" I meant, the fastest acceleration I witnessed on the parking lot asphalt. I didn't see anyone take off like a rocket as much as the Cutlass did (obviously that is a poor indicator of Dragstrip ET but I was simply going off what I witnessed)

you're 100% right, THAT is what a car show should be! Where is this place? Who puts it on? Any spectators get smoked by outta control cars? looks like a recipe for disaster, but that adds to the coolness factor.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    WoW great post lots of pics and good info..so you say this car show is only once a year?? were is it.. what side of town?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    yea I never heard of this show before either...Josh where it is?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

The car show is at "L.A. Welding" on the North side kind of near Northridge. It's on 107th St. near the intersection by Brown Deer Rd. with that huge gas station with about 24 pumps. It's just past the Train tracks to the South. That last photo I took is what it looks like from the road, the one with the goofy sign "I SMILE CUZ I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE" (WTF?)

No spectators got smoked by out of control cars. (except 3 women and children).

OK Seriously, people concerned with safety were probably up on the grassy hill in the parking lot next to it / above (you can see some of them in the videos). There was a rope keeping people from standing too far into the lane. The guy running it would tell people to keep back before the cars went. You can hear on the Turbo Cutlass video he is yelling to get back. Sometimes you cant help stupid people though, like the brilliant girl who parked her shltbox at the end of the track and then got out, so any fast cars would just broadside her. She got asked to move...quickly! I can certainly understand picking a nice parking spot such as at the end of a burnout lane, but not when there was a few even better spots available between the train tracks on the other side of the lot!

This was evidently the 4th year they have held this show , and I didn't hear of any incidents. No cars got out of control except the car that slid 10 foot past the road into the dirt (no harm).
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 09-20-2005 at 08:32 PM.
    Josh

The show was put on buy a guy named skeeter. He does fab/chassis work. the bel-air in one of the pics is his car. Its always a great show!!