Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh so your MAP is only a 1 BAR sensor? I forgot about that, I'm actually running a 3 BAR sensor, that makes it a lot more complicated because instead of just a "max MAP" column, it has all the individual KPA ranges from 0 to 300.

Do you recall what the name of your extended table is? (Like F80)
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    PonyKiller, I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it. I'm looking this week into getting an emulator that works with my software. I'll let you know if the AutoProm would work.
    Off course I would need to get a ride in the Syclone in exchange. lol

If I get some time I will try and dig out the box with everything in it and start playing around with it again. Maybe I will even take the chip out of my car and see if I can read whats currently on there.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Senior Member..now yer posting! chargedformula's Avatar

96 formula
    Black w/ yellow stripes
    BBK headers, BBK throttle body, Borla catback, ATI procharger @ 8#, 42 lb SVO injectors, OBDI conversion
    12.13 @ 116.3 1.95 60'

Wow, that explains it. Your car's ECM sure has a lot more stuff than mine does. (looks like a lot of it is the electronic trans, I sure wish I had that.)
    Josh
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Vintage Racer
    Damn, I'd be totally over my head with this stuff, so if you guys ever do get around to doing this or what not I'd be more than happy to learn some of this stuff, being that i'll need to do it for mine. If you guys dont mind that is.
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

Emulator Update

Yesterday the www.Moates.net Ostrich EPROM emulator arrived. When I opened the box, besides the rest of my order, there was a sticker and the emulator in a silver bag. The sticker said "Moates.net: Tuning solutions for the modern gearhead!", and the silver bag said "WARNING: Breaking this seal opens the door to high performance tuning!" They couldn't have been more right. It's fantastic!!!

I hooked it up, sent it a BIN, and immediately it worked. Then I got ahold of a copy of TunerPro RT (http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/) and the Syclone definition. This thing worked like a charm. I got it idling and into RealTime mode and I punched in some numbers on the laptop, hit "Update", the engine continued idling and I looked at the datalogger and the new values were displayed!!! This is revolutionary!! What used to take me a while:

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    I dove into some timing table and idle fuel VE adjustments on my Syclone this weekend and the whole process is a real pain in the ass. It took me about 2 hours just to go from the "editing on computer screen" part until the "test driving the chip on the road" part... I wanted to go to GLD on Sunday but it took so long I ran out of time.
    ...now takes 5 seconds! I can't wait to really sink my teeth into this. I just sat there till midnight playing with it. You can learn a lot by just picking a variable and changing it and seeing what happens at idle (if anything). Worst case; the engine stalls. You can hit so many changes so fast; you can really learn rapidly.
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 11-30-2005 at 11:45 AM.
    Josh

Senior Member..now yer posting! chargedformula's Avatar

that sounds really cool. i wish i could do that with my car but i dont think there is anything out there for it. i wouldnt think it would be possible to change values while the car is running
    96 formula
    Black w/ yellow stripes
    BBK headers, BBK throttle body, Borla catback, ATI procharger @ 8#, 42 lb SVO injectors, OBDI conversion
    12.13 @ 116.3 1.95 60'

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    So who here has Tunercats? I received my copy, just gotta get a laptop
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by chargedformula
    that sounds really cool. i wish i could do that with my car but i dont think there is anything out there for it. i wouldnt think it would be possible to change values while the car is running
    Yeah you wouldn't think so, but it really works. The emulators will emulate any type of EPROM whether it is for a car or not. So it would definitely work on your car, but the real time changes require a Realtime compatible tuning software definition. What code mask is your ECM?
    Josh

There is not a realtime emulator for flashrom setups such as the 94-97 LT1 (with 94-95 being OBD I and 96-97 being OBD II)...

Now Moates is comming out with a realtime programmer/emulator for 99+ LS1 setups soon, but it is still in development/beta... They do not have a timetable or an idea if they will support the 98 bastard child PCM as the ROI may not be there (poor 98 guys are always getting screwed in the tuning world)...

I inquired as to the feasibility for other flashrom setups, including the LT1s and there was no work looking into it, so in other words it isn't even a possibility at this point...

From what I could gather, they replace the flashrom in the 99+ PCMs with a circuit board that basically allows for realtime changes while making whatever changes to the checksums checksums as to not cause the stock PCM to freak-out when changes are made... I believe they also install some new components into the PCMs OS... They install the board and a USB connector with a weatherseal for direct plug-in, and they have planned a compelte internal blue-tooth setup with limited range, or an external bluetooth with greater range... They have talked about the total setup being targetted for less than $1k, but that is dependant upon what the software people need for a license for thier modified tuning software... No details on whose package they are going to use on the tuning end, but considering the long-standing relationship with Tunercat, I wouldn't be surprised it is thiers...

Dennis

Whoops, sorry I forgot about the Flash ROMs... Silly LT1s
    Josh