Senior Member..now yer posting!

Flashing Check Engine Light

Does anybody know what it means when the check engine light flashes i have had it stay on but not flash i am just wondering i will scan it tommarrow
    Thanks

When mine was flashing it meant something really bad had happened. Did you miss a shift, overrev or anything? Possible bent pushrod if so....mine turned out to be a broken rocker arm.

yes that is exactly what happend i went to the track and i was in 3rd and i missed and when to 2nd but ther check engine light came on like 2 hours later and ir ran a couple more times. **** i hope nothing bad just happend

I would check for broken pushrods asap, dont forget to change your oil if you do find broken pieces. Visibly check your valvesprings to make sure none of the stockers broke either.

I have the lt4 hot cam kit so i am worried about the push rods i am going to check it today thanks for the help

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Flashing SES shows you have misfires....
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

The light went off so i dont know what is going on i couldnt even scan it before it went off. Any ideas?

Vintage Racer
    Scan it anyways, it might still retain a code. Also on some cars a flashng engine light is telling you the exact trouble code. But still scan it, perform the visual inspections and you should be fine
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

I scaned it and nothing i have to take the valve covers off and check. and it seems to be running good.

Random misfires dectected, either you got some bad plug wires that short in humid damp weather or failing plugs, or worse.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Vintage Racer
    well we should hope its not worse, cause that would make even me cry...and its not even my ride
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

fireboverd
    When it flashes it usualy means you are putting way too much unburned gas into your exhaust, it's basicaly a warning so you dont clog your cats.

i checked my push rods and rocker arms and they are perfect i am readjusting them later. I dont know what that was all about my wires are fine and i just replaced the opti like 50 miles ago and new plugs. So i dont know what that was all about.

Well its misfiring for a reason...

Start with simple stuff first, plugs and wires are first on the list, i dont care if they are 5 minutes old, stuff is sometimes bad right out of the box, ring them out with an ohm meter to be sure if you cant find the smoking gun cause anywhere.

Its an LT1. im positive you have a case the infamous "plugwire burn through" me and A B4C Z tracked that problem forever it seemed on his 97 and the wires touched in a hidden are and was causing a bad misfire on # 8 cyl.

No matter how careful you are on that engine with wire routing, seems something always gets burned.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

383Firebird
    Matt he's right, make sure you check them with an ohm meter because I fried 2 wires in less than a month.

what is the ohms that should be going through a good plug wire?