Auto-newbie ignore

I need a button that automatically sets my view to ignore all people with less than 100 posts and/or 1 year on the board. A probationary period, if you will, to be able to talk to me.

Doable?

The existing Ignore feature works pretty good. I just look for the people who never ever have anything original or interesting to say except 100% "me too" or "yeah yeah haha haha lol rofl" comments and toss 'em on the ol' Ignore List and never look back..

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Animal....as the first person to respond to your post.... I agree

Just kidding Josh

I just see

"This message is hidden because Syclone0044 is on your ignore list. "

So yeah you are the first one.

J/k josh.

Talking

Wiseasses.......

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    The existing Ignore feature works pretty good. I just look for the people who never ever have anything original or interesting to say except 100% "me too" or "yeah yeah haha haha lol rofl" comments and toss 'em on the ol' Ignore List and never look back..
    Yeah but I don't want to add every new neon driver or moron that comes in here to the list manually and then take them off. There should be a feature put in place just for me, and then upon fufilling the criteria, they all of a sudden appear with 100 posts and a year of seniority

This message is hidden because GRNDNL is on your ignore list.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Wiseasses.......

I myself havent used the ignore feature yet. Chris is getting pretty bad these days so we'll see!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

So how doable is this andy? It's seriously something I would like.

sure it's doable... but do I feel like writing the PHP only to have it broken the next time VBB puts out an upgrade

Which by the way I am behind now a version release or two.

We're on 3.06 and 3.08 is available.
    3.5 is in beta, which is supposed to be radically different.

I just havent had the time lately to develop BCM more.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

that's too bad.

Ok, how doable is a button on each user's post to automatically add them to the ignore list? It's such a pain in the ass to copy and paste multiple people into the ignore list.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    LOLOLOLOL!!!! WTF A NEWBIE BAN FEATURE WOULD ROFL ROCK! MY NEON IS THE FASTEST ROFL ON THE PLANET. LOL

Now to quote deciuss: "I is smert."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Oh and while you're at it... anyone with <100 posts should automatically have their IP published for everyone to see. Once they trip the 100 post mark, then it's hidden.

I enabled a feature that is built in already.

"REPUTATION" right now everyone is at the base level

with 1 green dot

click the scales and give or take your approval

this may be usefull... maybe it wont
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

What I really would like though is a feature that will automatically ignore new users of the board. I generally don't care what they have to say

The rating thing is fine but it still means I need to manually add them to the ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by animal
    Oh and while you're at it... anyone with <100 posts should automatically have their IP published for everyone to see. Once they trip the 100 post mark, then it's hidden.
    I tried to make that happen but I couldnt find anything like that, maybe Andy might know.

I'ts gotta be doable, but probably some major php editing involved. I'm just keeping you guys full of suggestions in my effort to rid myself of NOOB comments on here.

The newbie comments are pretty easy to avoid, just avoid the stupid threads where all the newbies file in to bicker with everyone. I've only got 2 or 3 people on my Ignore List and they are all long time posters who either have nothing to do with "Muscle" cars, or continue to make posts that heinously violate Rule #2 of another forum's FAQ (read that whole FAQ animal, you'll really enjoy it. I haven't figured out what the site is, but it came up when I searched for vBulletin Reputation info.)

I also liked this part from their FAQ Link:

We can also get a general idea of the quality of our subject's character from this first post. Note the improper use of capitalization, grammar, and punctuation; these are hallmarks of an undesireable individual in an online community.
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 09-16-2005 at 11:54 AM.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Avoiding is nice, but I'd still rather have a nice long thread withonly the pople I want to associate with, able to be seen. this quick-add button would help.