Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S-10

S-10

how many people on here have s-10's? and how many would be interested in a meet and greet type thing. i would like to meet some people from around the area with s-10's. haven't seen alot on here but thought i'd give it a shot.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

POW!
    i have two s10s.........

POW!
    http://www.s10forum.com/gallery/view...Name=album1860

both of mine are on here the orange one and the red one...thats my daily driver.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I have one
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96s10
    I have one
    hey nano
    when ya guna get that thing running?
    2000 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSmike1
    hey nano
    when ya guna get that thing running?
    When I get home?

Got a new set of rails machined for 57 shipped
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

So when is this meet going down?

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTHZR2
    So when is this meet going down?
    Some time in Oct?

whenever is best for people. i am here all the time. i'm guessing oct works for 96. not sure how many people there will be. looks like there is a whole 4 of us on here with them. got any friends with s-10's would be cool. oct works for me so i can get some more work done to my truck. 96 do u still have/wanna get rid of your hypertech? i want one and ebay has not had any lately.
    Brandon

I didn't notice this till now... I've got an S-10 too... And so does my roommate but mine's a stock 2wd '98 and his is a total POS 4x4 '89 so idk if either would be worth lookin at... lol... but if I pick up this other '98 I'm lookin at as a toy... well then it'd be worth it, right?? lol
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

your thinking about ANOTHER 98?! i can't keep up with you.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 01v6stangpwr
    I didn't notice this till now... I've got an S-10 too... And so does my roommate but mine's a stock 2wd '98 and his is a total POS 4x4 '89 so idk if either would be worth lookin at... lol... but if I pick up this other '98 I'm lookin at as a toy... well then it'd be worth it, right?? lol
    I'd look for a 96-98. As they were the prime year. None of that silly built in air injection like the newers have. Also it used to be you could only tune the pcm's of 01+ w/ ls1 edit. But not the 96-00 guys can too!! With tuner cats!

I'd look for a 4.3L 5spd Reg cab! Preferably a ZQ8 also! Be sure to look for the 8.5" rear end when getting a 4.3L also. The 7.5 is a POS, theres a few v8 guys running 10's on the 8.5" 10bolt!

Actually, I was lookin at the '98 with the 2.2L (like my other '98) becasue it's a short cab stepside... Wouldn't that be a good canidate for a 355 & 5-Speed Swap... Yeah I have some mental issues... but I've always wanted to put a big motor in a little truck... It'll be fun Plus I did quite a bit of research when I had my '94 S-10, but that thing was a little too screwed up to modify... I didn't feel like doing that much body work... Hopefully this kid will wanna ditch that '98 b/c of the transmission...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...

Actually, I was lookin at the '98 with the 2.2L (like my other '98) becasue it's a short cab stepside... Wouldn't that be a good canidate for a 355 & 5-Speed Swap... Yeah I have some mental issues... but I've always wanted to put a big motor in a little truck... It'll be fun Plus I did quite a bit of research when I had my '94 S-10, but that thing was a little too screwed up to modify... I didn't feel like doing that much body work... Hopefully this kid will wanna ditch that '98 b/c of the transmission...
    S10 swaps must be FI (not TBI)! LT1, LS1, TPI, etc... carbs/tbi = fruity on an s10! Especialy 2nd gens!

LS1-S10
    I have one, and I'm up for a get together.

I'm still tryin to figure out if I'd go carb'd or with an LS1... I'm thinkin the carb'd set-up would be a bit less expensive... Plus it's not like it'd be a daily driver or anything like that... I've already got a daily driver...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

i bought my truck used so i had no choice couldn't pass it up. i have the 7.5 and have not had any problems. as with anything with vehicles it's all about personal experience. when my engine decides to take a **** i just plan on swapping in 350 vortec....ls1 would be nice but 350 vortec would be just fine. complete though computer everything so it will run just like it never was swapped.
    Brandon

I'm still tryin to figure out if I'd go carb'd or with an LS1... I'm thinkin the carb'd set-up would be a bit less expensive... Plus it's not like it'd be a daily driver or anything like that... I've already got a daily driver...
    Well if you wanna go ls1 or anything, talk to steve! He's a great guy and has an LS1 s10

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-S10
    I have one, and I'm up for a get together.
    I want to see your S10 for sure.