A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cobra vs Lamborghini Gallardo

camera in the 496whp Cobra...results are pretty conclusive.

http://cometvr4.freeyellow.com/cobravsg.wmv

Enjoy, and discuss
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Was there any doubt?

Kept up better than I thought he would've.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by animal
    Was there any doubt?
    Well, I would have lost 200 bucks on that race if I had been in on the action
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

just exhuast huh.. holy sh!t that lambo pulled
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

holy fukk thatr thing moved....
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

HTTP 404 - File not found

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    HTTP 404 - File not found
    You didn't miss much Josh...the Gallardo put a bunch of car lengths on the Cobra. Sorta like lil evo putting car lengths on Crawlin (see private forum).

I guess I was a tad bit disappointed in the lamborghini. It pulled away, but I didn't feel that it pulled away as fast as a $200k+ car should from a mid 30k car on a high speed highway rollon. It SHOULD'VE looked like that video with the red lingenfelter pulling away from that honda or whatever the hell rice car it was years back.

So either it was a disappointment for the lamborghini or a surprise from the cobra that the race was as mild as it was.

Ok, now I dont feel so bad about missing it.

You have to remember that the price of the car doesn't really correlate to the dragstrip horsepower.. Especially in the exotics. I think a lot of the money is going to the road racing features like suspension, brakes, exotic lightweight materials used in construction etc. IMO, the exotics are a poor value in anyone's book, when you drop that kind of money it's to make a status statement and/or to have something that nobody else has, or to buy it "because you can".
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Ok, now I dont feel so bad about missing it.

You have to remember that the price of the car doesn't really correlate to the dragstrip horsepower.. Especially in the exotics. I think a lot of the money is going to the road racing features like suspension, brakes, exotic lightweight materials used in construction etc. IMO, the exotics are a poor value in anyone's book, when you drop that kind of money it's to make a status statement and/or to have something that nobody else has, or to buy it "because you can".

I realize that, but this was by no means a 1/4 mile race. It was what looked like from 60+mph up to probably 150 maybe? This is where I would expect a high dollar exotic v12 or whatever it is to thrive over the cobra, especially because of the aspects you've outlined. I guess it just wasn't quite what I had expected, modded cobra or otherwise. I really was expecting something like that lingenfelter vid. But it was actually somewhat boring I guess in that respect

On a side note, the lines of the countach are still my favorite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by animal
    I really was expecting something like that lingenfelter vid. But it was actually somewhat boring I guess in that respect
    Well, don't forget...the ligenfelter was only racing a DSM (actually, when the two raced, it was a bit closer)

But josh is correct...put the two cars on a course like road america and the disparity of a 200+G car and a 30G one would be far more stark. Hell, just leave the 30G car stock and it's pretty stock, much less modded forced induction. Put them on "sunset strip" and you'll REALLY see the disparity (IE teh women! )

Then again...I did put the hurt on a rolls royce once
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant
    Then again...I did put the hurt on a rolls royce once
    LOL