Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10sec street???

Quote Originally Posted by slowlx
    If I could find a new hatch (sold my old one) to put my engine in, I may (it is a long shot) be able to dip into the tens with a street driven Honda. So if anybody knows of a 92-95 hatch, or a 88-91 CRX for about 5-600, let me know. I would prefer one without an engine or trans.
    [troublemaker]...and while you're at it race Bee's car too[/troublemaker]

Senior Member..now yer posting! slowlx's Avatar
    I will race Bee's car. I sold my old hatch due to title issues, and now I am looking for a new one. I am not saying that I can get into the tens, but the old setup went 11.3 at Joliet, last year, and this year I did more head work, changed cams, and upped the spray a little, but did not get to run it. I will admit, pump gas is not an option, and the trans has a spool, so streetability is somewhat limited, but it will be streetable. Somebady locate a shell for me, and I will put it together, and see what it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    good!!! hope 10sec comes soon..... when it does update us... for now the supra is the only hope for a 10sec import in WI.
    Well if the car is out of the shop by the 20th of august we will be at import wars ........ !

Beeyond Engineering
    cool hope to see slowlx and oms supra in the 10s soon....

fyi: bee doesn't race anymore!!! just a lonely guy at the shop working!!! go pick on 1fastsol or something like that for a race!!!!

1fastsol
    i got that list of a honda board funny some one has my same screen name. that's not me. the car is almost done. i wish for to go that fast but reality.

mxman18
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminovertime
    there was a kid i knew when i went to high school (just graduated in june), he had a 2nd gen DSM that allegedly ran high 10s consistently but i never saw the timeslip.... i dunno tho it was completely streetable i sat in the car and everything....dont know for sure if he actually runs that tho....
    hey do you remember his name by any chance there is some dumbass who just graduated my school in june who claimed to run 10's too with the 2nd gen eclipse

i meant imports... i know the domestic scene has plentiful.... and maybe 1-2 9sec street setups too...but yeah i meant this for imports...
    There is a guy around Cedarburg with a "slightly" modded Porsche GT2. I haven't seen him in years. When I last saw him, he bought it along with a performance package from porsche which cranked up the hp well more than an extra 100. The package claimed a 0-60 in under 4 sec. Unfortuneatley, he is not the 1/4 mile type, but rather goes to RA and BFR with the Porsche club.

^ Seeing this guy spend money this way makes me want a PhD and a collage sweater.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Is this a silver or a black GT2?? I saw two high HP GT2's in the past; around last July at Road America that I believe were local Porsche Club guys -- Saw them with my old RX-7 club of wisconsin members.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by mxman18
    hey do you remember his name by any chance there is some dumbass who just graduated my school in june who claimed to run 10's too with the 2nd gen eclipse

His name doesn't matter; because it is most definitely not true. There are only a handful of 10sec. DSM's in this state, and I know most of them.

Hell, maybe we will be able to add one to the list when my car is ready at the end of the month.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by mxman18
    who claimed to run 10's too with the 2nd gen eclipse
    BTW -- he would run 10's in the 1/8th mile if he is stock.

that would give you an estimated ET of 14.8seconds at around 92mph.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Well, I totally agree with Bee, someone needs to destroy all myth's, accusations, and straight b.s. about hittin 10's. Someone do it, or honestly come clean with real time slips and video or anything proof worthy. I wanna finally see this for WI!
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69
    Is this a silver or a black GT2?? I saw two high HP GT2's in the past; around last July at Road America that I believe were local Porsche Club guys -- Saw them with my old RX-7 club of wisconsin members.
    It was gold, if I recall properly. The owner is a member of the porsche club.

I remember the guy talking about the car years ago. He mentioned numerous times that it was beyond what he wanted for power. I talked with a friend and found out the he has since sold the car. He replaced it with a Ferrarri 355 and then sold that. I can't say I know what he has now, but he loves race cars. I'm speculating that he went classic this time; possibly a gullwing.
    Last edited by BlueBullet; 08-21-2005 at 03:25 AM.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

The white AMS EVO hit an 11.08 @??? mph last saturday

___________Rob L.___________

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGrayCivic
    The white AMS EVO hit an 11.08 @??? mph last saturday

he was supposed to be low low 10sec.. what happened???

anyhow, ams is from IL robby..hehe!!

sept and oct IMPORT WAR we'll be there 4-5 strong... we'll see if any of us can get into the 10's full street cars.

sept and oct IMPORT WAR we'll be there 4-5 strong... we'll see if any of us can get into the 10's full street cars.
    There is a white EVO from madison that you might as well call a AMS one so that might be what he is talking about..... and he can't drive thats the reason he is slower than he should be

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by OMS_SUPRA
    There is a white EVO from madison that you might as well call a AMS one so that might be what he is talking about..... and he can't drive thats the reason he is slower than he should be
    the guy in madison last i heard he was high 11sec.. unless he improved. props to him if he finally hit 10sec... COOL!!!
    I know the real ams evo is suppose to be low 10sec...they've hit it too.. so mad props...

hehe... I just want to see some honda/fwd do those times...that would be awesome----

FWD candidates: TRI, OMNI DUDE, THATGRAYCIVIC, and one or two more guys..

The White EVO than ran 10.9/11.0 is a Wisconsin car from Madison. The car was built by AMS. Martin's AMS EVO has run a best of 9.92 @ 145.14mph (No Nitrous).
    Last edited by RATED R; 08-23-2005 at 04:59 PM.
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

Quote Originally Posted by LIL EVO
    Nice
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

Cool Vids
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!