Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Friday October 7th, I will be up in Appleton installing the AEM EMS and associated sensors. I will be at your shop in the early morning of Saturday October 8th for tune in runs. Give me a call - 414-839-8250

Thanks,
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Well, back from the dyno....!

We had a few snags along the way on Saturday, and I have exceeded the limits of the internal wastegate, and my 780cc injectors.

I just ordered a new setup including wastegate, O2 housing, and injectors.

Limiting factors:

I put on my new HUGE K&N air filter w/o the MAF, and my boost creeped from the boost controller level of 23psi, all the way to 35psi. I had to put the old MAF and small filter on just to complete the runs at a controllable boost level.
    I did see nearly 800rpms quicker spoolup w/ the large air filter, and was boosting 23psi with creep to 26psi w/ the small filter. Boost creep started at 23psi @ 5200rpms, and hit 26psi @ 6700rpms.

Also, my injectors were at 90% duty cycle at 23-26psi boost levels.

Also, Luke Stubbs and I tuned it EXTREMELY conservative for the current duration, until we fix the wastegate and fuel issues.

I am only running 6-7 degrees advanced timing. Not 23-27 degrees like we wanted to. I have not touched the adj. cam gears yet, along with alot of other details like the anti-lag and the 2-step. I am not sure if I will be able to get these details done by the K.O.T.H. race, since it is only 2 weeks away now.

the results:

DYNO-TUNING DONE AT EXTREME PERFORMANCE MOTORSPORTS - Greenville, WI, on a WinDyn Superflow 2-wheel dual eddy current dyno.
    ECU-TUNING DONE BY LUKE STUBBS FROM BEYOND REDLINE PERFORMANCE - DePere, WI.

All runs were only done to 7000rpms since the cam gears need to be tuned in (still at 0 degrees on in. and ex. cams).

At 4 degrees advanced timing with AFR's 11.8 (3100rpms) richening to 10.8 (7000rpms) at 23-26psi on Rocket 110 Leaded gas, zero knock...
    352.1 HP/320 TQ ---only at 4 degrees advanced timing.

At 7 degrees advanced timing with AFR's the same as above ranging from 11.8-10.8 at the same boost levels 23-26psi, same gas, same knock levels...
    403.2 HP @5864rpms ...HP was above 300 from 4700rpms to 7000rpms
    379.9 TQ @5315rpms ...torque was above 300 from 4500-6700roms

3 degrees of timing netted 51HP and 60 Torque. Freaking crazy fast revving motor also--sounds extremely pissed off when you get into boost.

Luke and I believe that the car will EASILY be able to make 600+HP @ the wheels no problem. The car has only seen around 2 hours of real tuning, after all the initial start up. So, by the end of the week, I will have the O2 setup changed, and after the Import Drag Wars race, I am hoping to have the injectors put in, and retune the car for some real numbers!

I will be wiring in the wideband directly to the EMS tomorrow, along with the clutch switch for the 2-step. I also got my drag radials, and need some VHT to soften up the tires this week before the races.

Well, I look forward to getting to a scanner so I can show you all the dyno graph.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

http://groups.msn.com/DSMShrine/shoebox.msnw

Pics are updated.

Dyno sheet:
    Last edited by twicks69; 07-13-2007 at 09:01 AM.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

1fastsol
    well that's a good start!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    great start....I still would have thought even without a lot of timing in it your numbers would be a bit higher but you can tune from there!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Beeyond Engineering
    how much POWER do you need to hit 10sec??? Just curious!!! 600whp???

Max out 3bar and you'll be in that neighborhood!!!

A recent street car that I have tuned netted slightly over 600whp@29psi...1.7L DOHC VTEC setup with a small turbo..hehe
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Well, considering that we have around 16-20 degrees of timing to still advance along with adjusting the cam gears for optimal levels, adding the 1000cc injectors, installing the large intake assembly without the MAF restriction, adding the external wastegate, adding drag radials....

You have to recognize that 400HP at 7degrees of timing is nothing. The car is built for high HP and high boost--it will be seeing both. Remember...3 degrees of timing advancement gained 60HP--and there is only 2 hours in on a completely different beast of a car with the EMS. It should have no problems running 11's at this HP level, and next week I will have the 1000cc injectors in the car. The wastegate and intake application will be on for Sunday.

Alot of tuning is still to come in the future. But there is a pretty good chance that it will not be to its potential for the KOTH race -- there simply is not enough time.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

476HP @ wheels can "potentially" make a 10 second car.

I'll make a "little" more than that so I have no doubts.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    1.7L DOHC VTEC setup with a small turbo..hehe
    I hope you weren't knocking Tim's setup. His sh1t is still all bolt on. Stock exhaust manifold with a bolt on turbo. t3/t4 hybrid = a small turbo now a days.

Good numbers Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparScott
    I hope you weren't knocking Tim's setup. His sh1t is still all bolt on. Stock exhaust manifold with a bolt on turbo. t3/t4 hybrid = a small turbo now a days.

Good numbers Tim.
    Thanks Scott!

Here is a pic of the buildup (stock exhaust manifold/1G unported head w/stock size valves)
    http://groups.msn.com/DSMShrine/myca...to&PhotoID=175

Here is a simple engine bay pic.
    http://groups.msn.com/DSMShrine/myca...to&PhotoID=184
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

1fastsol
    you can make lots of power with that turbo with stock manifold or not. who drill the vent holes for you are did you buy them that way? nice it helps preventing boost creep. good luck! i would still like to run you when your ready. just a frendly race! nothing more. just want to see how you car runs.

Thanks Sol --

I purchased the turbo from Precision with the anti-surge porting already done to it.

I would also be happy to give you a race when the car is done. Just have to work out a couple little bugs, and retune it for FUN boost levels.

Does anyone out there know where I could get my drag radials swapped onto my rims for a good deal?? They would of course need to be rebalanced. Big Bear wants $60 for it to be done.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

1fastsol
    nice to see you can buy the turbos that way now. I have a frend who modifys turbos like that. here is a like. check it out. he also is the guy that did my turbo work and you see in the avaitor.
    http://o2induction.com/
    when your ready let me know.
    also first rate auto can do your tire swap for a go price. 774-3738 ask for robert and tell parnell sent you. him will hook you up with a great price. better than big bear.
    Last edited by 1fastsol; 10-13-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69
    Does anyone out there know where I could get my drag radials swapped onto my rims for a good deal?? They would of course need to be rebalanced. Big Bear wants $60 for it to be done.
    I wouldn't take mine anywhere else..
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW81
    I wouldn't take mine anywhere else..
    another vote for Big Bear
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

$60 is a decent price Tim. Most places charge $20 per rim. Go to Big Bear.

Yet another vote here for Big Bear.
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (EVIL AWD)

Yeah...Survey says.....Big Bear it is. I will have to get over there next week sometime--this week is already gone...
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Well, got the injectors and the Ext. Wastegate setup today. Here's a Pic:

Anyone want my old O2 Housing?? How about my Denso O2 sensors (2 of them). Oh well, worth asking....

I will be going back up to Extreme Performance Motorsports next Friday to redyno the car for the bigger injectors, and this time without boost creep. Hopefully I can get a good tune on it for Saturday's race.
    Last edited by twicks69; 07-13-2007 at 09:01 AM.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Will that fit a SR20DET?? LOL

Nice #s man......Kick some Domestic a$$ on the 22nd.