Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparScott
    $60 is a decent price Tim. Most places charge $20 per rim. Go to Big Bear.
    Plus big bear will not damage your wheels like the douche bags at f+f or tenley's. What no more snow tires Timmay?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

1fastsol
    looks like the same gate i have. very nice. keep up the good work!

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett
    What no more snow tires Timmay?

Well, I decided to keep the snow tires for this season. I just cannot justify spending 60 to put the tires on, then another 60 to take them off again a week later. So, I will get some VHT softening compound, and get them prepped for next year.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar

Popped the Tranny this time!

Oh well, so much for competing in the KOTH this year.

Blew up the 3rd-4th gear setup in my tranny on the second test/tune pass on Sunday at GLD. Will be taken care of this winter.

Accepting monetary or parts donations, letters of sympathy, snickers of Nelson-like laughter "HAAH HA!", etc.

Oh well...It would have broken otherwise at KOTH if it didn't break beforehand. Got through 1st, shifted fine into 2nd, shifted into 3rd at only 7000rpms, KABOOM!!! at 5500rpms in 3rd gear. Then shifter flings back into neutral, and I cannot shift into anything--binding up in the tranny. Not bad 1.62 60', broken by the 330': 4.912 sec.
    1/8 mile at 50 somthing MPH, and the 1/4 mile at like 30 somthing MPH.

Towed off the track: free.
    Didn't explode the transmisison case: PRICELESS (actually around $3200 saved)
    Talked to Shep this morning for a while, and he'll be taking a look at it in the next few weeks to see what the damage is.

If it is minimal damage, I will be repairing the tranny and moving on. (I need to replace at least the 3rd/4th shift rail, shift fork, gears, hub and sleeve, synchros, shift rail end, bearings, snap rings, keys and springs. That is the bare minimum -- and I am expecting it to be MUCH more than that, what recieved damage from the failure. I am just hoping it did not grenade into my differentials or the ring & pinion.

If it is greater than $3500 in repairs, I will be going with either an IPT 4-speed air-shifter Automatic Transmission conversion ($3200+/-), or with a Shep DOG BOX (Yes, they are now here for the public as of this week)($$approx $4500 or so).
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    sorry to hear you nuked the trans...was looking forward to watching the car run at KOTH this year.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

You have my sympathies!! Since mine broke a month or so ago and now yours just broke, I'll see if I can't pull together to "pick up the AWD torch", as it were..
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.