Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TurboProbe Pics

Irish
    my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??
    nick

I do. - Irish

Quote Originally Posted by fireguyrick
    To many people get into pissing matches about how fast they can go and how much it cost them. Honestly, the amount of money I have spent on my car is stupid. Sometimes, I wish I would not have. But, driving is what brings me alot of pleasure. It is all about the sport, and people need to BE good sports. A little joking or playfully rubbing a lose in is all fine and good. If a person gets beat, they should take it as it is, they lost to a faster car (which there is always one). If we all had cars that ran the same times it would not be any fun to race.

I could care less if turboprobe guy spent $100 or $100K on mods. I could care less if he ran 8's or 18's. As long as the person is not an asshat it is all good. We all have our limits, and we should respect them.

Rick

Andy
    00 Silver GT

BCM Cruiser
    I am hoping for 13's cause I dont want to think I am faster than that. So Im not disappointed if I dont break 13's. I could MAYBE run 12's, but I dont want to set anything to high. I still need to get used to launching and racing from a stop with the turbo. AS far as before turbo, I ran 14.8-14.9. So thats why I am saying I beat a GTP. Cause I did, at a light, on highway. And It said GTP on it, and I heard the whine. So thats the only reason I say I can run faster than alot of GTP's with my turbo. As far as the 11 sec probe being a race car, its jsut that he runs slicks, and no rear seat, and its just fast like a race car. But he doesnt drive it on the street much cause he has a Ranger for a daily driver. And 11-13's for a Probe is actually really good, considering they are wrong wheel drive, weigh 2700-2900 punds, and bone stock run high 15's or 16's.

Nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Quote Originally Posted by turboprobe
    As far as the 11 sec probe being a race car, its jsut that he runs slicks, and no rear seat, and its just fast like a race car.
    Nick
    I didn't say that it wasn't a race car. I said that i wanted to race for a little cash. Still no answer though.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Irish
    no me first!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    lol

Irish
    yesssss!!!!!!!

Locks Keys In Running Cars... MY4RCDGSX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turboprobe
    no torque steer here, ive got lsd. the tranny is built as well, so i dont think ill have a problem there either. and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe. when i go to gld, ill let you all know. finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick
    From Mequon, eh? So this car is local?

I'd be willing to check this car out. Meet somewhere, sometime?
    "Why no, Officer... Of course I wasn't racing. I was Tuning."

Can my N/A rx7 have a piece of this race probe as well?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe.

I saw a black probe with the EXACT same hood scoupe that you have....so I dunno.

It was at the gas station across from Waukesha Motors (old Mitsubishi dealer) on hwy 18.

BCM Cruiser
    yeah, there is this other guy that has a hood scoop, and his probe is black. the difference is he lives in waukesha, has rims, fog lights and its an automatic. so that prolly who that is.

Nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Still no answer on the race??????
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI
    I didn't say that it wasn't a race car. I said that i wanted to race for a little cash. Still no answer though.
    -> I am in too.

Question??? Why are you (turbo probe guy) endorsing your friend's "500whp" turbo probe into races. Who cares if he runs 11's. If he wants to race us, why doesn't he post on this page. Be at the track (GLD) on Saturday July 30th. I'll call you and him out; and I know alot of other people that aren't threatened by your friend's car even if he only runs 11's.

This way, you will have lots of time to tune your car and learn how to race, so that when my car is back together (DSM--what do you expect--they always break), I can race him untuned and beat him.

and yes, this is SMACK TALK. Bring IT!
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

I remember being up on hwy hearing about some 11sec Probe last year. I was driving around a turbo'd Integra and we pulled up next to this 11sec Probe. They seemed to be a bit cocky. I asked them what that car ran. They said something and just looked forward. I told them they should run me on the freeway. They said sure and they whipped out the videocamera. The Integra made it look like it was standing still from a freeway roll.. Where is that footage?!?
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Irish
    speaking of footage.......

Quote Originally Posted by CDW81
    I remember being up on hwy hearing about some 11sec Probe last year. I was driving around a turbo'd Integra and we pulled up next to this 11sec Probe. They seemed to be a bit cocky. I asked them what that car ran. They said something and just looked forward. I told them they should run me on the freeway. They said sure and they whipped out the videocamera. The Integra made it look like it was standing still from a freeway roll.. Where is that footage?!?
    rrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll that beautiful bean footage.....
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

BCM Cruiser
    what color was this probe u saw??

nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

I don't know it was last year. They all are the same to me..
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6