Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TurboProbe Pics

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera99GS
    GTX is nothing but a different hood and exhaust. There should be at least 3 GTP's that I know of in the low 12's or high 11's this year in the Milwaukee area.

Ok, I guess I need to bring my GTP out for the first time this summer then.

Any probe that wants some of me, I have $50 in hand right now ready to go. Name the place and time.

Printer *****
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek
    Ok, I guess I need to bring my GTP out for the first time this summer then.

Any probe that wants some of me, I have $50 in hand right now ready to go. Name the place and time.

Here's one of those fast GTP's I was talking about.
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

BCM Cruiser
    ok, well neal, what kinda times you putting down?

and what kinda regal we talking about? a newer supercharged one? or an older one? what kinda times does that run?

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove it. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick
    Last edited by turboprobe; 06-08-2005 at 09:39 PM.
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Printer *****
    Quote Originally Posted by turboprobe

and what kinda regal we talking about? a newer supercharged one? or an older one? what kinda times does that run?

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove it. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick
    A newer Regal. If you can whoop up a GTP so bad, the Regal should be no problem- its the same drivetrain. Its not quick- I need it to get me to work and back, not be fast.

And Neal, you haven't broken out of the 14's yet right?
    2005 Honda Pilot
    2004 Toyota Corolla

Post whore

nick
    Sounds good to me. Any time after this weekend should work. I will even run on street tires since my DR's are all used up.

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove how much I lost by. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick
    Shouldnt matter what times it runs. Since you have the mostest baddest assest probe around. A slip to prove how slow the probe is? I dont get it. You need to prove yourself first young one before YOU pick a day for challengers to come. After the first car beats you its gonna be a gang rape on the black,purple,pink probe. I really hope that your car is all that you want it to be, otherwise its going to be a long summer for you.

exactly, talkin out of your ass, then start asking questions, bad move. shouldn't matter what kind of regal it is, you say you can whomp it there it is. you seem to have a pretty good list of takers. only reason i can figure of you talking **** to me and not to anyone else is i posted my last PB in another thread last week. Neal, if you want you can use my DRs
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

I should be done fixing my clutch issue shortly. As soon as I am you want to run my little 4cyl for some cash? I mean your probe is most likely 800lbs lighter than mine. I will even let you run slicks against my stock summer tires. Don't bother asking what my best time is. I could only tell you before my couple of bolt ons, when I was 100% stock.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI
    I am an LS1 guy you want to race for a little cash?
    What day at Great Lakes? I'll let you name the purse, I will race your buddy too. The one with the 500hp probe. We will make that one an even $200
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

I have just read the last 4 1/2 pages of posts since I last got here and this is what I have to say...

If that probe makes more than 200 hp, it will be able to keep up with or walk (not run) a STOCK GTP. I know this because my Prelude, which had 200 hp and weighed a bit more, could inch past a gtp from a roll (5 mph or more). I will give them credit on the launch and find it easily explaind by the Weight distribution: F/R: 63.2/36.8% (see link). Once I added the intake, I was able to keep up with this one guy in a black GTP who had a pulley, chip, and intake (dark brown haired guy, about 23 at the time). I wouldn't call him a bad driver because we all know that the car is an automatic. He was also surprised that my honda did that.

So, that turbo probe should be able to walk on a stock or mildly tuned GTP even if it only produces 200-220 hp. If it makes 250, it will be no contest. 300 hp... fast, but the 60 ft willl suck. Probes have a better weight distribution, but "better" is in reguards to handeling turns, not 60-foots.

Turbo Probe:
    As for your LS1 comment, don't bite off more than you can chew (for now). I have no doubts that you will be able to run from a stock LS1 once you get your engine in good tuning.
    First f*** with the LT1's, because we all know that they are very slow , liike old men in the fast lane on the freeway!

^ yes, I know, I'm sooooooooo bad-ass!

The link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=3

My dollar is on the fster GTP's from the board. All of that weigth up front is like cheating. If the probe goes up against a more mildly tuned GTP, it will be a good race.

Hey Bee, try to copy the GTP's with their weight distribution advantage. Put 300 lbs of weight in front of the engine on your civic and run a low 9!!!
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Bring it Don't sing it
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

Irish
    I will race ya......my car is a 4cylinder car. It's even carb'd. It's an old oil pump breaking 86 mustang. C'mon race me for money I am poor and I could use the extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBullet
    I have just read the last 4 1/2 pages of posts since I last got here and this is what I have to say...If that probe makes more than 200 hp, it will be able to keep up with or walk (not run) a STOCK GTP. I know this because my Prelude, which had 200 hp and weighed a bit more, could inch past a gtp from a roll (5 mph or more). I will give them credit on the launch and find it easily explaind by the Weight distribution: F/R: 63.2/36.8% (see link). Once I added the intake, I was able to keep up with this one guy in a black GTP who had a pulley, chip, and intake (dark brown haired guy, about 23 at the time). I wouldn't call him a bad driver because we all know that the car is an automatic. He was also surprised that my honda did that.
    So, that turbo probe should be able to walk on a stock or mildly tuned GTP even if it only produces 200-220 hp. If it makes 250, it will be no contest. 300 hp... fast, but the 60 ft willl suck. Probes have a better weight distribution, but "better" is in reguards to handeling turns, not 60-foots.
    Turbo Probe:
    As for your LS1 comment, don't bite off more than you can chew (for now). I have no doubts that you will be able to run from a stock LS1 once you get your engine in good tuning.
    First f*** with the LT1's, because we all know that they are very slow , liike old men in the fast lane on the freeway!
    ^ yes, I know, I'm sooooooooo bad-ass!
    The link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=3
    My dollar is on the fster GTP's from the board. All of that weigth up front is like cheating. If the probe goes up against a more mildly tuned GTP, it will be a good race.Hey Bee, try to copy the GTP's with their weight distribution advantage. Put 300 lbs of weight in front of the engine on your civic and run a low 9!!!
    GTPs don't have "Chips" available to them...... but you're close
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by fireguyrick
    I should be done fixing my clutch issue shortly. As soon as I am you want to run my little 4cyl for some cash? I mean your probe is most likely 800lbs lighter than mine. I will even let you run slicks against my stock summer tires. Don't bother asking what my best time is. I could only tell you before my couple of bolt ons, when I was 100% stock.

Rick
    Where do you race your sti Rick? Ever been up too Oscars?

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I've seen this probe a few times in waukesha. I just wanna see what kind of track # it puts down.

Is this a $$ RSD race in the making?
    Last edited by Lash; 06-09-2005 at 11:03 AM.

Only had the STi to GLD stock. I have not been up to Oscars yet. I plan on it though. I just have had near 0 time for any fun. Heck, I just took my winter tires off the middle of May lol. As soon as I get my clutch, or actually flywheel issue fixed, I should be making some appearences.

Hey Turboprobe, this is pretty much all just in good fun I hope you know. Hopefully you can drive your car well though, torque steer and all.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333
    GTPs don't have "Chips" available to them...... but you're close
    I could be wrong on that one. He might have said something different in reguards to the electrical system and I thought of it as a chip of some sort.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Post whore
    PCM/chip, to me it is the same thing.

thats why i said close! im just being a nit-picky whore thats all
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333
    thats why i said close! im just being a nit-picky whore thats all
    It's ok. We can all whore it up once in a while.