Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboProbe Pics

BCM Cruiser

TurboProbe Pics

ok, heres are a few pics....err a teaser more like...

FMIC

Super 60

Under Hood

more coming this weekend...
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Post whore
    300 whp? Hardly. Lucky to break 220! That is a big arse turbo for only 8lbs. Can you say LAG? Nice set up and good to see someone going through with something and not buying a kit like the others. Did u do all the work yourself? Dont set your goals to high.
    bryan

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Stock internals?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by turboprobe
    Super 60
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayzbimmer
    That is a big arse turbo for only 8lbs. Can you say LAG? Nice set up and good to see someone going through with something and not buying a kit like the others. Did u do all the work yourself? Dont set your goals to high.
    bryan
    ummmmm....when did a T3 Super 60 become a "big arse turbo"?

It was that pink at one time by the looks of the engine compt.

It is neat that it does have a turbo on it.... whats the tuning method? FMU?
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 06-02-2005 at 12:45 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I see an Aeromotive AFPR in there...

BCM Cruiser
    yeah, my turbo isnt that big. it spools at about 2500rpm, and boosts plenty till i shift at 7000rpm. redline it from 7000-8000. anyway, the secret is exhaust wrap. the better the hot side pipes retain the heat till it gets to the turbo, the better your turbo spools. there was a probe that had stock injectors, no lsd, and a smaller turbo, and on 6psi he made 267 whp. So, for me, with bigger injectors, lsd, and my super 60, 300 whp does not seem like to high of a goal. with the right tuning, i should be there. for fuel management, i have 280cc injectors, stock is 210, an aeromotive adjustable fpr, and a vortech 8:1 fmu. so i think it's plenty of fuel. thank you guys for the compliments, its nice that you guys appreciate the work i put into my car. oh and by the way, the car wasnt pink, it was a purple. why do u think it's black now.

nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

BCM Cruiser
    yeah, it's also stock internals. but my friend matt has tested a probe motor, and it was even a high mileage motor. it can handle 15psi decently. but when you add a 50 shot of n20, then it goes boom. i will never get that high, the most my car will see is like 10psi.
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

I would like to see the results of all this, cause those are big goals man.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    2.5 Liter 6 cylinder, and only a straight T3, it's actually quite small for that application, optimally a .82 a/r T31 with a 50 trim compressor would probably be best...but what the hell, you probably got that turbo for 50 bucks.

BCM Cruiser
    hahahahaha. 50 bucks, well thank you for the great laugh. Its actually quite perfect for this application, as it was recommended by Precision Turbo. And it's not a straight t3. T3/t4 hybrid is what it is, and the turbo details are as follows:

Max. Rated HP: 580
    Part No.: SC-6031E

Compressor Specs -

Wheel Dia.: 60mm
    Wheel Inducer: 2.320"
    Wheel Exducer: 3.000"
    Wheel Trim: 60
    T04E Inlet/Outlet: 3" / 2"
    Bearing System: 360 Race
    A/R Ratio.: 63

Turbine Specs -

Wheel Style: T31
    Wheel Inducer: 2.559"
    Wheel Exducer: 2.229"

The turbo came with the kit built by NCR Performance. And it only had 500 miles on it, as NCR tested it on their own Probe, but then decided to go with a bigger turbo, capable of more h.p. I believe it was an SC-61 from Precision Turbo. But again, thanks for the good laugh.

Nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

ya the lag is not to bad on the t3 super 60 even when i had one on the civic.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    comparing how a 60 trim turbo spools on your Civic The Deciuss is like comparing your appetite to a normal sized guy....obviously you can out eat him
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Hey good luck with the car...I hope you do reach your goals.

But I hope you drop the attitude. Cjburn has probably forgotten more about turbo cars than you may ever know. Great first posts...

From Nick's cardomian.com site

Anyone else see a resemblance, or is it just me?

Last edited by Teufelhunden; 06-03-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Like to see that run laps at GLD.

BCM Cruiser
    as soon as i run it, i will post the numbers. it will be run at gld soon though. maybe ill be on highway saturday night. we see how the dyno tune goes. later.

nick
    -Ford Probe GT Turbo-
    - 1994 2.5L V6 -

Thats cool. looks nice and neat too

Maybe i'll run into you when im done with mine. (maybe on HWY )
    i don't know how much HP i'll put out, but i hope to be mid to low 13s.

OH wow, you probably paid 500 dollars for it, maybe a little more. It's nice to hear that you don't have a straight T3, it would be awfully small for your application. What you called a "Super 60" is a STRAIGHT T3 compressor, you don't even know what you have. You have a T4 60 trim swinging on a stage 3 T3 wheel. Do you know what trim the turbine is? I'm too lazy right now to find it out for you, I would die laughing if it's not the 76 trim turbine, if it's the 69trim, that would be a speed mismatch. It's not a bad turbo, but it is quite a large compressor wheel and is better suited for the T350 or stage 5 turbine. Generally a 50 trim on a T31 turbine is the way to go, the 50 trim is a smaller, but very efficient (read: newer design) as compared to the 60 trim. The SC61 uses a GT40 (56 trim IIRC) with a stage V turbine.

guy talks like me a year ago with his big hp numbers lol.

any ways good luck with the probe would be nice to see some non factory turboed cars get some nice numbers off of aftermarket kits for once

So I got bored, yeah it's a 76 trim turbine. By the way a 50 trim compressor is more efficient at the lower boost levels you're looking at running, probably would make more power with less spool. You're probably getting boost onset at 2500 and not full spool, probably getting full spool by low 3's. Do you have a way to log map sensor output?