Thread: new help

Senior Member..now yer posting!

new help

well yesterday i took my car to the greatlakes dragway for the first time and i was running 17s i couldnt believe it .i have a 95 gt convertible and its auto.i also have mac LT headers,mac ORH,magnaflow magnapack mufflers,K N air filter.my best was 17.00 @80mph.what could be the problem.any help will be very helpful.thanks for anyone that helps me out.

Sorry to tell you, but thats all the faster they are. 17's is pretty good considering that they run like 19's stock. You just got to keep your head up a few more mods and you might be seeing 15's this year. Good luck with your build.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

3.73 gears and a higher stall converter will do wonders for you.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Post your whole timeslip....

60' time
    mph
    1/8 mile
    mph
    mph

it will help diagnose what went wrong.

windsorcapri

Brew City Muscle Original!!! Stangman98's Avatar
    First Off 17's are not the fastest you will get it. You should be able to get into the mid 16's at minimum. I would suggest getting a set of 4.10 gears, a larger stall converter, and there are alot of other things that you can do also. Don't get down about it though! And please post the entire slip so we might help you out.
    Last edited by Stangman98; 05-01-2005 at 06:18 PM.
    In Progress
    604BBF/TH400/Radials

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman98
    I would suggest getting a set of 4.10 gears, a larger stall converter
    This is a great start!!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    now this was my first time at the track.here r my numbers

R/T .818
    60' 2.539
    330 7.096
    1/8 10.923
    mph 64.54
    1000 14.217
    1/4 17.008
    mph 80.84

Is that the last year of the 5.0 motor? If so my buddy has a 94 convertible with the same deal; and he readily admits it was one of the slowest 5.0's Ford ever produced. I think he got mid-low 16's out of it when it was stock though. He did a Holley SysteMax heads and cam and got it to low 13s on motor with big slicks and manual tranny clutch dumps, then put a ProCharger P600B on at ultra low boost (6 PSI?) and ran 11.5 @ 119 launching the sh!t out of it. Now he has a 351 Windsor with a Vortech T-Trim. I guess that was probably more than you wanted to know
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Is that the last year of the 5.0 motor?
    Yes. 95 was.

Brew City Muscle Original!!! Stangman98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 95_Gt
    now this was my first time at the track.here r my numbers

R/T .818
    60' 2.539
    330 7.096
    1/8 10.923
    mph 64.54
    1000 14.217
    1/4 17.008
    mph 80.84
    Your 60' time is killing you. Are you getting any wheel spin? New gears and stall would really help that 60' time.
    In Progress
    604BBF/TH400/Radials

Irish
    Makes me feel better about running 14's

Even with the 2.5, it shoudn't be that slow. Even the 85 GT I had went 15.1 @ 95.. 20 yrs old, bone stock, and buzzing the rock hard tires to a 2.8 short time...

Your MPH is terrible. Are you sure the floormat isn't bunched up under the gas pedal?...seriously.

"Are you sure the floormat isn't bunched up under the gas pedal?...seriously"

No offense to 95_GT but that has got to be the best line I've heard in some time 4EYED. I work on customer's cars all day long and that drives me nuts, I can't believe how far jammed up into the firewall some floor mats get. It's like an art form or a competition of some sort. I've actually had that as the problem for a customer’s complaint of "my car won't go". I feel stupid telling them that it's just there floor mat jammed behind the gas pedal. I just wish we could charge a scanner hook up fee of $70 for it and tell them that the floormat code came up.

Alright, now back to the issue at hand.......

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI
    Sorry to tell you, but thats all the faster they are. 17's is pretty good considering that they run like 19's stock. You just got to keep your head up a few more mods and you might be seeing 15's this year. Good luck with your build.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH
    Makes me feel better about running 14's
    Same here.
    1996 Laser Red GT
    ProChamber, Magnapacks, Centerforce DFX, MGW orange, JLT fenderwell kit, 17x9/17x10.5 Gunmetal Cobra R's, Nitto 315 DR's, Screamin' Demon Coil Packs, Livewires, C-Springs, SCT tune, 75mm TB and Plenum...Gone, but not forgotten

Current ride: 2003 Honda S2000 Berlina Black AEM V2, Invidia Q300

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy
    "Are you sure the floormat isn't bunched up under the gas pedal?...seriously"

No offense to 95_GT but that has got to be the best line I've heard in some time 4EYED. I work on customer's cars all day long and that drives me nuts, I can't believe how far jammed up into the firewall some floor mats get. It's like an art form or a competition of some sort. I've actually had that as the problem for a customer’s complaint of "my car won't go". I feel stupid telling them that it's just there floor mat jammed behind the gas pedal. I just wish we could charge a scanner hook up fee of $70 for it and tell them that the floormat code came up.

Alright, now back to the issue at hand.......

HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches