Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hey, i talked to the guy, i saw em on highway...it has a 455 in it from a catalina. its a stock 455 but he did a nice job puttin it in. He only wants a grand for it. somethin seemed fishy to me about why he would want so little. he said he needs money for his monte carlo or somethin. still a cool ass car
    I was a Soldier, I am a Soldier, I will always be a Soldier

A grand? Hmm...sounds like a good parts car. The motor and rear end plus misc. parts should make someone a easy profit...Jamie?

I could use my parents driveway since there is room now that I moved out, but not sure they would appreciate a parts car to look at every day .

Car appears ok but when I saw it the roof is really rotted out, would be alot of work to restore the *right* way, not worth it IMO. Might be why his price is so low.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I see three things wrong with me getting it.

1) Sounds like it has a Pontiac motor and a gass guzzling 455 at that.There are too many Olds cross breeds coming home to my house already. LOL

2) Rusty roof does not turn me on. I have plenty of other rust abatement projects.

3) Me wife would KILL me. I am already not allowed to bring home any more cars and she would prefer me to get rid of one.

But if he wanted a 82 4 door with a bad 231 in an even up trade....
    Maybe I could work something out.

I got an idea. How about if you get it Paul and sell off the rear and engine and give me what's left, and I'll give you the 82 and a 305 chevy. Deal ?
    I may be able to add some 14" aluminum slots to sweeten the deal
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power
    I got an idea. How about if you get it Paul and sell off the rear and engine and give me what's left, and I'll give you the 82 and a 305 chevy. Deal ?
    That way I wouldn't have to pull the motor, and I could just throw in a 7.5 because the 307 I'd put in won't blow up a 7.5 ".

Waddaya think ?

Did I mention I'm cheap ?
    Jamie

If anyone gets to talk to this guy my dad would really like to know where the car he got the door off of is and how much of it is left.

Since this guy has had the doors and rear end since at least april, I would imagine the car has already been crushed.

If I bought the car I'd put the doors on my wifes 442 just to keep it in the VIN 9 family.

It is odd that the doors are still good and yet the car got parted out. Usually the doors are shot along with the rest of the body.
    Jamie

IRC the doors werent that hot, I don't remember how much rust but they weren't what I'd call clean .

The guy I got my LS off of in New Mexico had a 84' H.O. that was straight/100% rust free for parts. It was hit in the front and totalled out, he put a normal Cutlass front clip on it to help rebuild then sell but nobody wanted the thing, even for I belive 1,500 or 2,000 because of the title being salvaged or whatnot. He yanked the lightning rods and rear for a Monte and had the shell with doors sitting there when I got my LS. Not sure what happened to it, but I know he relocated his *compound* of cars to Kansas and I doubt he took it with him. Same guy also had a LT1 in a 86' 442(don't worry it was a theft recovery anyway) when I was there too, just another thing to make an Olds lover puke a lil' bit .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

You should see the doors on Angie's car, they gotta be better. I do have an extra pair for the car but I haven't looked at them for a while.

LT1 you say ?

Wow for $1500-2000 I woulda been all over it. Salvage title or not.

Maybe it's time to go visit the H/O I got the hinge covers off of for Angie's car, it's been a while.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power
    You should see the doors on Angie's car, they gotta be better. I do have an extra pair for the car but I haven't looked at them for a while.

LT1 you say ?

Wow for $1500-2000 I woulda been all over it. Salvage title or not.

Maybe it's time to go visit the H/O I got the hinge covers off of for Angie's car, it's been a while.
    I got a REALLY clean right door if you need one.... PM me if you are looking. Its a lot smaller than a parts car and wont take up room in the driveway!!
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442