Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye turbo :(

Bye turbo :(

well im parting out the civic and returning it back to stock. i have finaly realized it has not been worth it. the car was a fun sleeper that was a cavaler/neon ect killer but it will never compeat with the big boys due to not being able to have a better ems then a greedy emanage. and on top of all the sencer problems that have plauged the car for the last 3 weeks its time.

you where right i was wrong.

hopefully my next car will be what im looking for.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I'm disappointed that I never got to see it clock off a 12 second pass at GLD. So whats next now D, maybe a blown CRV?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

geo metro i think it will look funny having such a fat person in a tiny car and i will make people laugh and feel happy the rest of the day

no matter what i say im gona get yellow your just going to rag on me no matter what so im not saying jack.

Pig Pen
    Quote Originally Posted by deciuss
    geo metro i think it will look funny having such a fat person in a tiny car and i will make people laugh and feel happy the rest of the day
    It would make me feel happy, like in Tommy Boy, "fat guy in a little coat..."

But way to realize what most of us have said for long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon
    I'm disappointed that I never got to see it clock off a 12 second pass at GLD. So whats next now D, maybe a blown CRV?
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

Sorry to hear your giving up. No matter what all these guys say. Hope you find what your looking for in your next project...
    -2001 S4 stage 2 Imola

what drove me over the edge was just having all the o2 sencer problems the wastgate is sticking atm and finding out that aem does not make kits for autos when i called for the part number for a ems all that at the same time just makes me look at my car and hate it now its no longer fun to drive.

to be honest im looking at a used is300

Rex Kramer - Thrill Seeker

to be honest im looking at a used is300
    ...or did you mean a SC300 with a 2JZ engine swap? Or how about and old Datsun Z car with a SBC? Or a BMW 3 series with a LS1 engine swap? Come on, be bold, be different!

!M!
    '73 Datsun 240GNZ (Buick Grand National engine)
    '98 Superhawk 996 V-Twin
    '02 S-10 Crew Cab
    Superhawk Chopper (Build in progress)

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh well...get through school, then get another project. If your cool, you'll do one like my car.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

honestly if i could find one i would love to keep the civic and restore an old chevell (spelling) for a project car. i would learn a lot more about cars that way.

but the is300 with the supra swap its sooo eye candy at the moment. only thing im finding that will be dificult with the is300 no matter what you want to do it costs lots of $$$$.

Pig Pen
    I know of a IS300 for sale for 25,000, dont' know if that's high or not.

depends on the miles. 25k is usualy around 25,000 miles for 35,000-45,000 its like 22 grand. need to wate till the end of may to figure out the cash flow for summer ect, dont want to rush into something and get over my head on payments ect.

Sooooooooo...

What are you doing with the parts? Can I turn your mistake into my mistake?!?
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Pig Pen
    Maybe its me, but I just think that car is just really F-ing expensive. I know its a Lexus, but Damn, its not like its got that much of a following in the US like they thought it would to justify the seemingly high resale on them.

Thats just me, and I really know nothing about these cars.

But in all seriousness, its too bad your giving up on the Civic, its never cool to see a dream die, no matter how much you might blast on the owner when he's trying to get it done or how much you disagree. Now, get another car so we can get back to the !!!

chevell (spelling)
    You do realize that it took you ten times longer to type "(spelling)" in parentheses than it would have to just go back and add an e, don't you?

Not being a d!ck, just bored...

the turbo parts? im selling every thing for 2,800ish but im still thinking.

sf turbo kit, t3 super 60
    profec e-01 boost controller (never been used)
    ET gauge 1 week old allready taped into the manifold
    boost gauge.
    comes with all new oil pan fittings lots of new hoses, new air filter ect dumb sf sent me 2 of all the small things.

turbo runs fine the problem is the car basicly is rejecting it at every turn but thats mainly due to the fact of no fuel managment system. just trying to cut my losses before i sink any more into a car that will make tops 12psi not the 18+ i was hoping. on a m/t civic this kit is the one that made 304hp on 16psi i belive.

pig pen, ya this has been really hard for me today im really bumed about having to give up. like i said when i first joined the civic will be a good learning experiance and it was. i went from having a huge banner as you may have remeberd to learning what i know now. the learning is not done i have a long way to go but i feal the civic was an eazy platform to learn the basics of a turbo on.

and your right the is300 is expensive and im going to need to sit on this decision for a while (hopefully i wont flaten it to bad)

Pig Pen
    Just me, but the older Supras I think are pretty cool, you should consider one of those as a teacher car for the Toyata class.

I'm going to have to say that the price is way more than I expected you to say. I was expecting about 1k.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty