Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    that motor is a stock GSR DOHC motor....he had a CTR (Civic Type R) intake cam in it at one point but thats out now too. I know more about his set up than HE knows about his set up!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon
    the car put down about 148ish without juice and 177ish with FYI...at that new place in Waukesha
    Just FYI.. The place in Waukesha is a Mustang Dyno, puts out lower numbers cause its a load Dyno, so I've heard. Great for tuning, bad for bragging numbers.
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

Beeyond Engineering
    the dude in the 98 blk hb ran 14.7.... dang should be faster then that even with crappy tires... I thought he'd get a good 14.3 or so. with 100shot NOS he should be high 12s or so.. I think he was at my shop the other day. not sure though!!! Saw a blk 98+ civic HB pretty clean looking parked there.

Nowadays civics with an engine swap and 100-150shot NOS isn't enough!!! That was 4-5yrs ago when the sport was booming!!! nowadays we are talking standalones MOTECs, AEM EMS, DFI, Hondata etc with 1000cc injectors t67 turbos, high boost etc!!! oh and yes daily driven with M&H street slicks(yes the real sticky stuff)...NOw that is a combo!!!

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by fly5150
    Just FYI.. The place in Waukesha is a Mustang Dyno, puts out lower numbers cause its a load Dyno, so I've heard. Great for tuning, bad for bragging numbers.

the gsr will make 160-165whp on a dynojet..... yes i've seen it all!!! dynojet spits out the highest number of all the dyno companies... not that this is bad....it is actually a good machine if you convert to flywheel hp... very accurate machine if you ask me... dynojet does have loading too.. all the dynos work well.. just stick with one kind to fine tune your cars...dont go to mulitply faclities and think you gained or lost power... all dynos are different...

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    his car ran 15.2's all day i didnt see one 14 sec run out of his car however his friends hacth which is almost identical ran 14.5's with no mods on his gsr swap needless to say dan cant drive, his car only put down 119 to the wheels all motor and 160 ish with a 75 shot, thats what i was told this by his friend that was there when he dynoed. the mustang dyno is more acurate the people are saying because his frinds type r is right on point with 178 whp, the car is nice but dan is an idiot never belive a word he says he lies constantly, and his old integra was an ls NOT a gsr just to clarify

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    thanks for the update.....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Good ole Advan Dan. I still liked his Integra better. Green with Red and White Cuda Stripes on it. Reminded me of Christmas.

Bee,
    Is there a guy up at your shop with a Silver 350Z? It is lowered with I would say 18" 6 Spoke rims, System and huge exhaust. I noticed he has a Beyond Engineering Sticker on is back window. He works with me. Kinda wanted to know what he has done to it. Looks very nice.

carbon04
    Quote Originally Posted by fly5150
    And where is this place? I need a load cell dyno!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
    Anyone ever see some jag in a black 98+ Hatch that was actually pretty clean and tastefully put together that had the plate JDMFREK???
    I easily walked him from a ROLL in my stock turbo, stock exhaust, AWD, Automatic white Talon(RIP) last year. Can't get any more handicapped than that.
    Claimed he had a slipping clutch or something
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    The Dyno is at KJ Auto, LLC in Waukesha. It is an ALL WHEEL DRIVE mustang dyno, and uses an Innovative LM-1 wideband O2. The dyno is run by my good friend Hiram Willis.

The dyno does spit out low numbers, but there are correction factors that you put in place to bring them up to realistic figures. The most important thing is that you can tune your vehicle very accurately with it, and the rates are very respectable. I was on it for around 2hrs of real tune time, and a number of pulls for around the $200 range with wideband.

The shop is located in Waukesha, off of Hwy 164 on Wilmont Drive. I cannot remember all the details, but you can e-mail me and I will respond with the exact address when I have some time. (twicks69@hotmail.com)
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69
    The Dyno is at KJ Auto, LLC in Waukesha. It is an ALL WHEEL DRIVE mustang dyno, and uses an Innovative LM-1 wideband O2. The dyno is run by my good friend Hiram Willis.

The dyno does spit out low numbers, but there are correction factors that you put in place to bring them up to realistic figures. The most important thing is that you can tune your vehicle very accurately with it, and the rates are very respectable. I was on it for around 2hrs of real tune time, and a number of pulls for around the $200 range with wideband.

The shop is located in Waukesha, off of Hwy 164 on Wilmont Drive. I cannot remember all the details, but you can e-mail me and I will respond with the exact address when I have some time. (twicks69@hotmail.com)
    My friend Branden w/the silver SRT-4 is a dyno tech there. The address is:
    401 E. Wilmot Dr.
    Unit B
    Waukesha, WI 53189
    Phone:262-522-6663

Eddie (SRT4eh) just got his car tuned there a week ago. He put down aprox. 25 less hp there than at the dynojet dyno we went to this weekend with it still in the exact same state of tune. So yeah, to say it puts out lower #'s than other types of dyno's is a bit of an understatement to say the least. But great place to tune, quite accurate from what I hear. As long as u do all your tuning there it shouldn't matter one bit, unless you're just out to brag about yer #'s.
    -Jason
    2005 White ACR SRT-4 stripper model, 1/88 produced - the race car (Staying stock for autocross )
    1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Limited - The winter/work vehicle
    2003 Silver SRT-4: 1st SRT sold in WI: 5/23/03, traded 5/31/05 SLIPS, 100% Bone stock on OE tires.
    I really like the $60,000 BMW M3 Competition Coupe. In fact, it's even as fast on a racetrack as my stock "Neon".

Hey does KJ Auto let the owner operate the vehicle on the dyno like Borchardt's Speed does?

Would I be able to tune a 3600# vehicle there? I read up on the Mustang MD-500 AWD Dyno (I'm guessing that's what they have) and it sounded like it was for flyweight imports.. They listed some really low inertia weight. I'm afriad of going there and when I go to spool up the rollers spin like mad and I have no load.

Thanks in advance.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

carbon04
    Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    Hey does KJ Auto let the owner operate the vehicle on the dyno like Borchardt's Speed does?

Would I be able to tune a 3600# vehicle there? I read up on the Mustang MD-500 AWD Dyno (I'm guessing that's what they have) and it sounded like it was for flyweight imports.. They listed some really low inertia weight. I'm afriad of going there and when I go to spool up the rollers spin like mad and I have no load.

Thanks in advance.
    The MD-500 won't do either of us any good. I found an AWD superflow dyno 4hrs away from here if you want to take a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044

Thanks in advance.
    I'd hafta tell u to give Branden a call to answer those questions. Sorry.
    -Jason
    2005 White ACR SRT-4 stripper model, 1/88 produced - the race car (Staying stock for autocross )
    1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Limited - The winter/work vehicle
    2003 Silver SRT-4: 1st SRT sold in WI: 5/23/03, traded 5/31/05 SLIPS, 100% Bone stock on OE tires.
    I really like the $60,000 BMW M3 Competition Coupe. In fact, it's even as fast on a racetrack as my stock "Neon".

AWD Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by carbon04
    The MD-500 won't do either of us any good. I found an AWD superflow dyno 4hrs away from here if you want to take a road trip.
    Sounds interesting.. I'll have to get back to you on that. 'Appreciate the offer, too!
    What's with the MD-500?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

BCM Cruiser
    Hate to bring up an old thread, but why was that MD-500 not good for the
    trucks? Did you guys ever make it up to DoneRite (I am assuming that was
    where the Superflow was)?

Just looking for an AWD dyno for the TBSS.

Dave
    '14 550 M-Sport
    '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dan likes the bottle, its a quick little car but he run's his mouth far more than he should sometimes... what can you do.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    wow where have you been dan sold his black hatch last year, i heard he has another one now but im pretty sure its stock.

ef joe
    ya that hatch has been gone for some time now. he has a blue eg hatch witha integra ls swap now

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    this thread is old look at the dates