Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX
    What? A ford guy hasn't heard of the "hurricane"?

Ford has already started work OR at least done some feasibility studies on a new clean sheet, pushrod motor primarily for trucks. Code named Hurricane. V8 displacement to be around 6.1 to as much as 7.0 liters. The primary reason it was brought out was to compete against the hemi and LS motors...

Some rumors has said though that the motor is dead due to lack of fianancing from ford...as it needs to develop motors for other vehicles at this time, and feeling that the large v8's are but a fad
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

scubastang
    I found a few more pics. First on is first 4V Cobra motor swap in a 05. Strapped down it put out 650rwhp.

1800rwhp Drag 05:

Nice 2 tone:

Strange that the first 2 pics were dated in early '03?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    I did Paul's website for him Tom... http://www.paulshp.com
    Thats awesome!! that 9.79 Cobra R is pretty bad ass too!!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    HOLY SNOT! That Cobra R is VERY badass! I really like what they did with the 05 though too! Pretty tough
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I still like this look!

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

That Yellow and Black car is really cool........
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett
    Strange that the first 2 pics were dated in early '03?
    Then again, there have been some 05's issued to a few select individuals since the beginning of 04.

BTW- as for the ZO6, doesn't first gear run up to 60? Even the normal C6, 1st goes to 60.

One more thing:
    Is the "O" in ZO6 a letter or number? Considering that chevy had a ZR1; two letters, one number; and the Z28 Z24; one letter, two numbers.

I've been wondering about this one for some time.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBullet
    Then again, there have been some 05's issued to a few select individuals since the beginning of 04.

BTW- as for the ZO6, doesn't first gear run up to 60? Even the normal C6, 1st goes to 60.

One more thing:
    Is the "O" in ZO6 a letter or number? Considering that chevy had a ZR1; two letters, one number; and the Z28 Z24; one letter, two numbers.

I've been wondering about this one for some time.
    I'm sure it does more than advertised --gear has a lot to do with it-and its 500 brute force rwhp its not like a exotic where its only good on the xway --hell my T/A when i had the 2:73's -i would run the entire 1/4 mile in second gear and trap 114 at 11:97 for a best --The off the floor modle will be tamed by the computer -- I will bet with free mods and some editing 550rwhp will be had without a problem at all --with a nice cam and header combo "look out" .
    the cam in the car is tiny in most respects , The car is that freeking bad a$$
    It will be the fasted off the floor car ever made by a domestic car company
    If I didnt owe on my car --I would have one without a doubt, I want to drive one ,but i know if I do I would be jonzen for real
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    hell my T/A when i had the 2:73's -i would run the entire 1/4 mile in second gear and trap 114 at 11:97 for a best

Hmmm... since your 2nd gear is 1.78:1, assuming you crossed the traps at 114 MPH on a 26" tire with a 2.73 rear, you would have been turning 7,159 RPM thru the traps in 2nd gear.

Maybe you can explain that to us? To get an 11.9 out of 114 MPH would require a pretty decent 60 foot time too. Not going to happen with a 2.73 rear launching in 2nd gear.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm... since your 2nd gear is 1.78:1, assuming you crossed the traps at 114 MPH on a 26" tire with a 2.73 rear, you would have been turning 7,159 RPM thru the traps in 2nd gear.
    I think he runs some taller (~28inch) slicks greg.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Maybe you can explain that to us? To get an 11.9 out of 114 MPH would require a pretty decent 60 foot time too. Not going to happen with a 2.73 rear launching in 2nd gear.
    I think there are a few on this board that can vouch for it and it was on drag radials just to check ya one more time it was on a 1.7 60ft and i have a auto so i dont launch in second i launched in od then i pull in down right away into second and leave it and 7100 isnt **** for a ls1 my rev. limitter now is set at 7k and i hit the rev limmiter all the time my old cam made power to 6600 Go to ls1.com and look for the thread who's the fastest N/A 2:73 oh yah the car weighed 3550 the only thing that was removed was the rear seat and and spare tire untuned and double footing it "because the computer didnt know how to idle the car"the sled ran 12.20@113 heck i think marv was there that night with his dads vette
    Dunno what youre looking for here cheif -- It is what it is -and others can vouch for it well it is much faster now but thats what it was i should say
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant
    I think he runs some taller (~28inch) slicks greg.
    Drag radials --hell i could put the 2:73's back in if someone is a betting man . If he assumed that i had a 6 speed then maybe his math is based on that assumption

Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    Drag radials --hell i could put the 2:73's back in if someone is a betting man . If he assumed that i had a 6 speed then maybe his math is based on that assumption

I did say "assuming" and yea, I thought you had a 6-speed. I don't doubt your car's fast, it's the "I ran a full 1/4 mile in 2nd gear" that caught my attention. Your 2nd gear in an A4 isn't 1.78, that would change things by quite a bit...
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

2nd gear in a 700-R4/4L60/4L60-E is 1.63 ratio.

I am astonished that anyone can run 11s on a stock motor with 2.73s as well the motor has almost *GOT* to be out of the powerband a lot of the time ??

As for the Z06 427 I have to disagree with your statement it has a "tiny" factory cam; I think it has a very large cam from the factory, and comes pretty high strung to begin with. In fact, it probably has the largest camshaft GM has ever produced factory. Did you notice they rated the peak HP at 7000 RPM? Also I beleive the torque was less than the Horsepower. High RPM peak = relatively weak bottom end (as compared to something similar with a moderate RPM peak). However with 427ci I am sure even "relatively weak" bottom end power will test the limits of drag-racing-UNFriendly 18" thin-sidewall tires' traction. One other point I have is that the LS1 was not known for even making 1 HP per CI from the factory (rated), except in the highest-end LS6 version made 405hp (rated) from 346cid. Somehow you think the LS7 427 will be making 500HP at the WHEELS from the factory? No, I don't have any evidence to say it is false or unlikely.., but I wish you could show some references to support the claim.

I will not be afraid of the Z06 427 on the street or strip if I should even be so lucky as to encounter one. This car is made for road racing not Drag racing, I wonder if you will even be able to fit a proper tire on the car with its large disc brakes; I know that Mopar Jim would have a shot at 9s if his "135mph on the first pass" Viper did not have such large rear brakes and he could fit a real tire on there.
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 02-19-2005 at 04:39 PM.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    One other point I have is that the LS1 was not known for even making 1 HP per CI from the factory (rated), except in the highest-end LS6 version made 405hp (rated) from 346cid.
    I glanced over the rest of your post but this point right here is wrong. Every LS1 that came out was rated at 305 yet almost every single one put down between 285-310 at the ground which would mean that they were making well in excess of the 305 rating which in most cases is more than the 1 hp per CI. By your statement you are looking for a 346ci LS1 to produce at least that much in flywheel hp which is 294rwhp. Mine stock put down 313rwhp, I'd say that meets your requirement. The LS6 made more but was still rated the same if I am not mistaken. They may not be efficient 4cy motors but they surely covered the hp/ci statement.

You make good points, but if you read closely you will see I stated that the LS1 was not rated from the factory at 1 HP per CI. Since we don't know the actual true HP of the Z06 427, I thought it would be unfair to compare known actual RWHP LS1 numbers versus factory rated 427 flywheel HP numbers.

Although looking at http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ov...=10052&src=vip, it seems in 2002 the base LS1 V8 Camaro was rated at 310HP and the SS/Firehawk model rated at 325HP. The 1998 Camaro LS1 was rated at 305HP.
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 02-19-2005 at 06:18 PM.
    Josh
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Like i said Josh --i heard once you thought i sprayed my car --And now I hear this ---I'll tell you what --you and Greg get together 500 bucks and meet me at the track -i'll put the 2:73's in and make a bunch of passes.
    My offer stands --If you think "what you know"
    To be that infaluble to where you risk being humbled and out 500$

Talking

Tim I think you misinterpreted my post; I said I was astonished it ran those times considering the factors against it; I know the times you ran, I think you showed me the timeslips?? Sheesh I was only trying to say I was impressed

As for the nitrous I dont believe you used it; you showed me the unconnected kit at the Borchardt's car show remember?? You'll have to double check your rumor mill from now on

BTW what did you think about my post suggesting the 2.73s + high stall converter combo caused/contributed to your transmission failures?
    Josh

I'm not pissed or anything Josh --just if someone calls me out like Greg did I am always ready to check them on it. I know what my sled can do ,If i can make someone look like an a$$ and make some money too why the heck not.
    I've been wrenching on cars since i was 10 years old-my older brother always had something. But before all this technology there were other ways to make power -you "felt" your car needed fuel ,it wasnt because a laptop told you it did -thats what i've always done and I'm glad that they still work.
    All the little things that help will end up on the End result. There are areas still that need improvement and thats my motivation for this season.A few of them i just thought of when i pm'd you