Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett
    Where did you hear that? I see more sitting in dealership lots than I do on the street. Remember when all those morons were paying over sticker for ford's last mistake, the thunderbird

If the T-bird and 05 Mustangs are mistakes, then GM's whole line up must be one huge fvck story!

Drive around and see how many 05 GT's you see on the lots. The 05 is a HUGE hit!

And the new z06 will never even smell the 10's, let alone 11's.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    now come on Andy, I know a guy in IL that took is '03 Z06 to a 12.0x BONE STOCK. And I know one that hit the 11's on a DR with an intake. The new z06 will hit 11's, but i doubt 10's like you said.

Chris

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    there's been a ton of interest in the '05's down at our Ford store. don' tknow how well they are selling. maybe JUNK GSX can jump in on that one. weather is still a big thing. they weren't kidding in that ford commercial with the convertible! I hope alot of people start building them up. Some of the drag cars i've seen heading towards NMRA/FFW/PRO type events look SICK!!!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX
    If the heavier viper that has less advantagous gears and the same 500hp can hit 11's, I'd be pretty certain the new zo6 will be solid 11's.

I honestly think that the new zo6 with all bolt-ons, gears, and DR will go 10's. Think about it...the heads have tremendous flow out of the box, 2.2 inch valves....not 2.02, but 2.2 and flow as much as 320cfm at peak flow.

427ci
    11.0 CR
    a cam with ~ .600 lift and aggressive duration numbers...

Now, I know someone with heads that don't flow as well, with less CR, less cubic inches,I think he had more cam though, and 4.30 gears and as much wt. when he was "stripped" and he was in the 11.5 range~120-ish range...so NO reason to think that the new z06 with mods of the bolt-on variety, and then the required gears and DR's 10's are possible. Which is friggen' amazing.

Now, I actually know a chevy fanboi that says it'll be 10's easily with bolt-ons, and a few may even touch 10's bone stock with DR's....that, I'm not too sure about
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

If the T-bird and 05 Mustangs are mistakes, then GM's whole line up must be one huge fvck story!
    Dude, 500hp at 3100lbs will easily hit 11's Gm's lineup may be a joke imo, but the Thunderbird is still a flop! On the other hand the 05 Stang is going to be a runaway hit for sure and with good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by scubastang
    Ok I'll admit this one is growing on me, (I wonder what's pushing air through that intercooler) and they're not nearly as bad as the T-Bird .

As for the new Z06 not hitting 11's, wanna put some money on it?
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Well dont ya think since GM is has only one hi perf car out now ,and the ford guys Finally made a car that has some balls "great for them" its about time ! but since gm doesnt have a "Camaro or firebird to offer" and Ford guys talking up ford it kinda reminds me of that pathetic loser flyby the mach did on me last weekend. If in fact there was a 05 Camaro or T/A You know damn well GM would have a full can .Gm has something up their sleeve
    and its much better than the ls1 ls2 witch ford is finally catching up to those.
    Well i hope at least they put forged rods and pistons in what ever they are doing this time --the gen 4 smallblock "hell i cant wait"
    AND now why would you say something so dumb "the zo6 will never smell the 11's" Cmon man I bet you they will be deep 11's and high 10's and thats with the "wimpy" cam that they have ---If i had one and if i do get one-I could put that car in the low 10's within 1 season of owning it
    And thats without nitrous
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    Dude, 500hp at 3100lbs will easily hit 11's Gm's lineup may be a joke imo, but the Thunderbird is still a flop! On the other hand the 05 Stang is going to be a runaway hit for sure and with good reason.
    Well only because there isnt anything else
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

I have no doubt that the Z06 will run in the 11's. I just have a hard time believing they will hit 10's with minor bolt ons. It takes a very fast car to run in the tens with drag radials. Look how much hp it took Mopar Jims viper to get in the 10's on drag radials.

I do like the new Z06, and I think it will be a major performer. But it will take more then a few bolt ons to run in the 10's.

And I do not like the t bird much either, but they are really not geared toward us.

I really do not care about these topics, I just like throwing my Ford opinion on a GM board.

To put the Ford and GM thing aside, I am not a big fan of mod motors, (yes I own one) and I wish Ford still made something with push rods.

So we are even, GM doesn't make a pony car, and Ford doesn't make a real motor.

Mod motor or not, they 06 cobra will be badass.

This is the one in HOT ROD that PHP got to run 12.31's @ 112 in a week with lightening, suspension, and boltons with tuning

Man this S.O.B. looks tuff as fukk with the slicks and skinnies, im biased cuz im a sucker for the all out drag race look

I mean this is the best one right here out of all these 05's and its the first one of its kind in the 12's

2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
    This is the one in HOT ROD that PHP got to run 12.31's @ 112 in a week with lightening, suspension, and boltons with tuning

Man this S.O.B. looks tuff as fukk with the slicks and skinnies, im biased cuz im a sucker for the all out drag race look

I mean this is the best one right here out of all these 05's and its the first one of its kind in the 12's

I agree.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar

I think that one looks like ****.
    reminds me of just another ragged 5.0

however, the majority of the rest.... god damn.. .whew. nothing I love more than a car w:
    nice color
    hardly any wheel gap
    big wheels, but not "damn homie, yo yo" big
    hauls ass.

if chevy had a camaro that was identical in "era" look, I'd be in line.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

The hood and the graphics are a little over the top, but then again im not into "turning" to appreciate the others, however the sonic blue corner carver is pretty sharp.

Still fast, still a bad ass drag racer, the red one takes the cake for me

Hahhah plus the exposed Moser "M" looks strikingly familiar too

Last edited by BADDLS1SS; 02-16-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Talking 2005 Camaro wins car of the year award.

FORD MUSTANG – A NORTH-AMERICAN ICON – NAMED 2005 CANADIAN CAR OF THE YEAR

2005 Ford Mustang named “Canadian Car of the Year” by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.
    Mustang sales galloped to a second straight sales increase in January, its best since 2001
    All-new Mustang convertible model arrives in dealer showrooms this spring for an additional volume boost.

TORONTO, ON - February 16, 2005 – Ford Mustang – an icon of North-American performance and the best-selling sports car in the country – today was named “Canadian Car of the Year” for 2005.

Ford Mustang received the 2005 Canadian Car of the Year award this morning at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, voted by members of the Automobile Journalists' Association of Canada (AJAC.)

“It’s official: The 2005 Ford Mustang is the best new car in Canada,” says Joe Hinrichs, Ford of Canada president and CEO. “It’s truly gratifying to see Canadian journalists confirm what more than 40 years of Mustang owners already know – that Mustang is the true embodiment of design, driver satisfaction and affordability.”

The AJAC Car of the Year award is designed to recognize the most outstanding car of the year based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar. To be eligible, vehicles must be “all new” or “substantially changed” from the previous model. The 2005 Mustang was chosen the winner from three finalists, including the Chrysler 300C and the Honda Accord Hybrid.

Off to a Fast Start

Since launch last October, the new 2005 Mustang has been an instant sensation with new car buyers. This builds on Mustang's current dominance in the Sports Car segment, where it is the number one sports car and convertible in Canada. This spring, the Mustang convertible will join the coupe in Ford dealer showrooms for an additional volume boost.

“Mustang ‘mania’ is running rampant throughout North America,” says Hinrichs. “Customers are going to extreme measures to secure their piece of the North American legend with on-lookers drooling over their new purchase at every stoplight.”

A True American Legend

Since its dramatic 1964 introduction, Ford Mustang has been the icon of North American performance with its bold style, brawny engine and rear-wheel-drive excitement.

It has thrived for 40 years by staying true to the basic formula established in 1964: great design and affordable performance. The new 2005 Ford Mustang continues that tradition with an all-new platform and clean-sheet design that makes it faster, safer, more agile and better looking than ever.

The vehicle’s signature long hood and short rear deck capitalize on 40 years of history, as do classic design cues that have defined Mustangs since the 1960s: C-scoop lines on the sides, three-element taillamps and a galloping horse badge in the centre of the grille.

The 2005 Ford Mustang convertible is the first in a string of specialty versions of the new Mustang. Just as noteworthy, it is the most solid, best handling and most refined open-air version yet of this North American legend.

And because the convertible was designed alongside the coupe and not as an afterthought, it is much more solid than coupe-derived convertibles of the past. Better still, it retains all of the personality that has made the Ford Mustang one of the most-loved automotive nameplates in history.

A History of Success

Mustang is no stranger to success, having garnered numerous awards over its 40-year history, including winning Car and Driver’s “10 Best Award” four times, the Motor Trend “Car of the Year Award” twice and numerous design awards.

There are more than 250 Mustang enthusiast clubs around the world.

Since 1965 more than eight million Mustangs have been sold.

The Mustang Coupe model starts at $23,795 for the V-6 model or $32,795 for the GT V-8, making both the most affordable rear-wheel drive sports coupes in the industry. The 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible is the most affordable V-6 and V-8 drop-top sports car in North America – starting at $27,995 for the V-6 model or $36,795 for the V-8 GT.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

fordpirate82

05 mustang

I think the 05 mustang looks awesome. In the March edition of Mustang and Fords there is an article about the new 2005 Saleen S-281 Mustangs. There are three versions: 325hp $38,000, 400hp-sc $45,000, and 500hp-sc $50,000. This article also mentions that 2006 will bring a new SVT Cobra and at least one new Shelby Mustang. That new Z06 and its aluminum frame looks very bad a**. How about that new charger.....oh......it's got four doors..........

Lightbulb

I did Paul's website for him Tom... http://www.paulshp.com
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To put the Ford and GM thing aside, I am not a big fan of mod motors, (yes I own one) and I wish Ford still made something with push rods.
    Well, let's see what ford does with it's clean-sheet, "hurricane" v8 in 07 or 08....I heard as much as 7.0 liters.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

scubastang
    some of them look OK, some look crappy (Roush/Steeda). But some are absolutely sick like the black Bonspeed one (will find more pics as it is sick). They are truly sweet cars if you haven't seen them in person. Performance wise, they are being easily tuned already close or at 300rwhp with I think some minor minor bolt ons, SCT PROM flash and some simple dyno tuning. A rep for SCT showed me a stock A/F datalog and it was all over the board! He said they took a stock car, simply leaned some parts out and fatted up a few, took care of like the fly by wire TB hesitation crap and a few more things and ran a high 12. He said add stickies and mid 12s werent out of the question.

For performance, this car is going to rock. The new EEC for this car is insane - just powerful as all hell. AEM doesn't even know how to approach this car with a plug and play as it is so complex. Flashing will make tuning very easy and fun as well. We all know the chassis, suspension and quality are vastly improved - I finally drove one last week and the interior is very nice for the price, albeit a little bland like all mustang blah 2 tone grey interiors.

So great handling, ok weight (~3400ish), vastly improved quality, great stock performance for the price.....this basically leads to the question of potential, because who honestly looks at these cars in a "stock light"?

The biggest thing that will hold this car back performance, but has yet to be pushed is the internals on the mod motor. The motor is good base that has been into the 8s, but questionable things like the cam oil gears, crank, powdered rods, cast pistons have always held the non cobra motors back. Sure throw in better rods and pistons, throw some N02 or boost and go make 600rwhp. But honeslty not many want to tear into a warranty ladened car.

I for one cant wait for someone to throw some heavy boost at the thing and see how far she will go in stock trim! Ohh yeah that first blue front mounted car is Procharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant
    Well, let's see what ford does with it's clean-sheet, "hurricane" v8 in 07 or 08....I heard as much as 7.0 liters.